Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 134231 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2016, 08:17:33 pm »
Welcome back Fathergeorge,

Hope you are doing well.

Dragonfly

Fathergeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »
Thanks Dragonfly. I'm feeling quite a bit better which is why I decided to come back. Where is everybody? The forum used to be so active now there's no posts. What happened?

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2016, 08:22:02 am »
Hello FatherGeorge and welcome back. What happened to all of the posts. To be honest several things. The site went down suddenly for about 2 mths and we had to go with a different company when we brought back it. However two mths is a long time and we lost a lot of people.

Several long term contributors have either moved on or haven't had the strength to be as involved as they like. But with you back and hopefully we can get a fw others, it will be more interesting again. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2017, 01:28:34 am »
Hi, Father George.. :D ;)....I can give you updates of some of the people you used to know.  And maybe we'll have increased traffic. - maybe those people could return to this forum.

Peter

MARK HEITHORN

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 12:14:36 pm »
Hi. My name is Mark. I have suffered from depression for 30 plus years. Struggled with
Alcohol for 17 years. Unemployed and open to any ideas as to what kind of work would
be good for someone who suffers from depression.

Hope everyone has a good day.

sarahruth

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2019, 07:01:55 pm »
Hi I am Sarahruth. My spouse has major depression/pain attacks and anxiety for  most of our marriage. The past 2 years have been the worst. He is unable to work for the past 4 years. We have older kids. I work full time as a professional and carry all the home tasks. I am struggling big time as he isn't getting better and it is sooooooooooooo hard living with someone with mental illness. You have to be mature and accepting, have empathy, be kind, etc. All of this and you have to find joy in life too.  I have major stress in my family life and work life. I am struggling with most things at home and work and think that I can only do this for one more year. Looking for somewhere to vent and get support that works with my busy life.

Rnr8011

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2019, 09:17:14 pm »
Aww man that is rough . You mentioned that your kids are older . Can they help out a bit more with the home chores? What kind of network do you have? Brothers sisters mom dad? Friends? Can the kids manage the laundry? My mom used to give me and my sister to do the laundry when I was 9 and she was 11 years old. So I know kids that age can help. Can your husband do anything at home at all even if it’s just vacuuming? Friday’s I used to make that clean out the fridge night so I would take out all the leftovers and put it on the kitchen counter and then we would have pot luck for dinner. Afterwards the leftover leftovers would go into the garbage and the fridge would get a wipe down. Ready for Saturday shopping. I used to have everything on a schedule. Saturday clean and shopping Sunday church and cooking. Then Monday to Friday just tidying. The gardening never gets done but that’s okay. I hope that everything gets better for you. I’m here if you need

sarahruth

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2019, 10:34:40 pm »
Thanks. Yep he only does what he wants and can do that day. Motivation is a huge factor and lately he says he is getting into another funk. A new set of meds he is on too. He does some chores I asked him to do but his doctor and therapist say he can only do a few things a day and I should be happy with this. I like your response and thanks. I am letting more and more things go, its not worth it and I can only do so much. Its just frustrating working all day with a long drive and coming home to a mess and then I have to make dinner. And he can be verbally mean, tells me I am a whiner, should not make him mad,etc. Im looking at a timeline to see if he will ever improve. If not I may separate or give myself a break somewhere else for awhile. off to bed, need my rest.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2019, 11:01:44 pm »
Hello and welcome Rnr8011. You have some pretty good suggestions. Take Care. paul m