Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General Discussion / Re: Thoughts on this
« Last post by paulm on March 04, 2020, 11:07:34 pm »
Hello Momfeelinglost.  Rant all you like.No need to apologize. The system sucks.  I was lucky and I was able to collect CPPD while my wife worked.(minimum wage). I have no idea on how families make ends meet on ODSP. They should be given a medal, not problems or comments . Take Care. paul m
« Last post by momfellinglost on March 04, 2020, 11:53:30 am »
 My son is now home less one toe and still two more in danger. While he is doing well going by bus to get dressings changed while having an open wound has been a concern. As I said he is on ODSP so money is always tight. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else happens going forward. I just don't understand why they need to take such a hard line for things that matter. Yes he is a grown 6 ft adult who outwardly looks just fine. The things that go on inside his head and the struggles he still has can't been seen by the naked eye. We just can't let supports fall threw the cracks and while I will always advocate for him when needed, I am getting older and have my own health concerns so can't do what I did when I was well. Sorry for the rant. But sometimes we all need a safe place to just let it out. This is one of the only place I can count on. Thanks to all who responded know that I value each and every one of you who took the time to read and or respond it makes me feel less alone
« Last post by Pleeb on March 01, 2020, 01:45:54 am »
Mom, sararuth, let us know when you have updates.

Peter
General Discussion / Re: Ever go to in person support groups at MDAO?....or elswhere?
« Last post by Pleeb on March 01, 2020, 01:44:55 am »
MDAO has a clutter/hoarding support group.  I went once.  I clutter, but I'm not a hoarder.

I clutter less lately.

Peter
General Discussion / Re: My brother with leukemia....
« Last post by Pleeb on March 01, 2020, 01:43:37 am »
Mom, thanks for your thoughts.  He moved into a FANCY retirement home in Thorncliffe Park the other day.

My youngest brother also found an apt in East York recently. (he was living in younger brother's basement)

I had hoped he would move into some kind of seniors housing - cheaper or subsidized rent, and importantly, social contact.
He has social phobia, like a lot of family members.

I'm in a seniors building - there's always someone to talk to on the first floor - meeting rooms, reception....and we have activities, exercise classes.  (some, not a lot)

Peter
« Last post by momfellinglost on February 23, 2020, 04:41:18 pm »
 No need to move it. Hoping your brother is doing ok. It is never easy to watch a family member with a serious thing like cancer. Hope he is getting all the help he needs. Send him my best thoughts
« Last post by paulm on February 21, 2020, 10:17:01 pm »
Hello Peter. No need to make changes unless you have the energy to do it. Having lost a brother I can have sympathy for you. Hopefully your brother will not go downhill too fast. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / Re: Ever go to in person support groups at MDAO?....or elswhere?
« Last post by paulm on February 21, 2020, 10:14:09 pm »
Hello Peter I have gone to several meetings at the MDAO. I found them helpful . Take Care. paul m
« Last post by Pleeb on February 18, 2020, 02:44:15 am »
Sorry to hog all the real estate here, but I may as well move "my brother with leukemia" from the thread "Christmas/Vacation plans?"

I'll fix this post next time...too tired.

Peter
General Discussion / My brother with leukemia....
« Last post by Pleeb on February 18, 2020, 02:35:51 am »
Sorry to hog all the real estate here, but I may as well move "my brother with leukemia" from the thread "Christmas/Vacation plans?"

I had said
My brother is moving into a retirement home.  It won't be expensive, as he only requires minimal care.  (meals only?)

I saw him today, and it really hit home how helpless he is.......
as he only requires minimal care.  (meals only?)  I may be mistaken on this....he may require more care.

Peter
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10