Author Topic: winter blues  (Read 27607 times)

CanadianEm

• View Profile
Re: winter blues
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 05:02:24 pm »
You are so right paul. Its a big circle of doing that where you put it off, feel guilty, then you dont want to because you feel worse and it just keeps on going. I managed to get up and go do it, I found it (very happy) and have it sitting out, so I know everyday to use it. I remembered having the issue when I first got it, once I finished i would put it back in the box and then the effort to pull it out, just became overwhelming.

I think one of my issues is that i assume that you will automatically see changes, but i know that doesnt happen everything takes time. LOL

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 11:03:02 pm »
Hello CanadianEm. Th only quick changes that ever happened to me were bad ones LOL.

One of my pet peeves when I do get a chance to argue with the medical profession is that nobody ever deals us that some things may take a long time and the longer you have been ill, the longer it takes to get better.

I know that both statements are generalities, but generally speaking LOL.

Good for you getting it out. I hope that it helps you a lot. Take Care. paul m

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 09:49:31 am »
CanadianEm - making a business out of it might not be a bad idea - since tanning salons are not healthy we could have a "sensory salon" with video ocean and nice and warm - flowers and other tropical plants...hmmmmm

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 11:13:02 am »

JennyRN70 & CanadianEM, I am not trying to be negative. I used a SAD lamp for a number of years. I got tired of using it so I quit. For me I don't really think it made a difference as to wheter I used it or not.

Jenny I agree with CanadianEm that the sensory rooms sound like a terrific idea. Even going to places outdoors to see nature especially animals. Mountsberg Conservation Area with its rapture birds. If you live near there of course. There are lots of other places I am sure that you might live close to that can be visited. If you like that sort of thing. My husband and I used to like visiting a park where we could see lots of swans, ducks, canadian geese. Have Tim Horton's coffee. Sometimes walk the small trail there. I told my kids I would like them to take me as a birthday present. My birthday is coming up soon.

Dragonfly

CanadianEm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »
Dragonfly you are not being negative at all certain things work for some people, while for others it doesn't, everyone learns there own personal things that work and dont work. I haven't used the SAD long enough to see any difference, Ive only been using it for like 4 days.

I don't know if any of you have ever been in this situation, but I had a drivers license, but one time when I had a episode (i guess thats what you would call it because my anxiety took over and i freaked out, my dad called the cops on me) so of course i was taken to the hospital and released the next day. About a week later I received a letter from the ministry of transportation, saying that this doctor that i saw at the hospital on that day, wrote and deemed me unfit to drive, so the ministry revoked my license. They said the only way i could get it back is if i went to court. I have looked into it and found out that there are so many fees involved with this. First you just have to pay $500, to even have this matter taken before the courts.

So, I am literally royally screwed over, im only 24 and basically for the rest of my life i cant drive, unless i go to court, pay these outrageous fees and then the judge could say no. So, I can't go anywhere unless I have my father drive me, which is like pulling teeth, LOL; or find a way to get there by bus. But where I live there is nothing close by for me to go to. 

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 12:47:59 am »
Hello Dragonfly. SAD lamps don't work for me either. For a lot of people with bipolar(not all) it seems that the success rate of SAD lamps is less. Take Care. paul m

Hello CanadianEM.  If the only reason why you DL was revoked was for medical reasons you shouldn't have to go to court as a first step. You can file an appeal with the MTO. It still costs money, but not as much as going to court. The MTO will want proof that you are safe to be driving. More info can be found at the website that I have listed below. Take Care. paul m P.S. the procedure is a major pain in the butt and takes forever.
http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mohltc/ppao/en/Pages/InfoGuides/Complaints_A.aspx?openMenu=smenu_Comp

Hello Everyone. I'd just like to rant abit about the MTO. It is the law that if a doctor feels that a person would be a hazard driving a car then they must report that person to the MTO and the MTO then decides whether or not to suspend the drivers lic.

According to the way the rule is written literally anyone who has had major surgery plus a lot of other things should have their lic suspended. However it never seems to work that way. But I've seen people who were given an antipsychotic at the hospital, suddenly deprived of a D/L. I've even seen people who were suicidal deprived of their D/L after an over zealous doc decided that they might run their car into someone. In some places they have a method to temporarily suspend your D/L, rather than the all or nothing here in Ontario.

It ticks me off to know that if I end up in the ER for a physical problem and I tic off the doc, then I could lose my lic. if the doc reports that I'm not mentally stable. (Not that any doctor would file a report like that just because you called him an a**hole.) Meanwhile the guy who has had 3 heart attacks , smokes like a chimney and is 100 lbs overweight never gets reported to the MTO . I mean it's not like that person may have a 4th one while driving or anything.  OK my rant is over. Take Care. paul m

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 12:26:27 pm »
Sitting here wishing I had a trip somewhere warm to look forward to :(  Need to stop torturing myself with pictures of Cuba and Mexico...even a sunny day outside and I still don't want to go out because I know it is cold - arghhh I hate this time of year :(