Author Topic: ....was worried about endoscopy.....  (Read 8931 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
....was worried about endoscopy.....
« on: September 30, 2014, 10:18:20 pm »
An endoscopy is a procedure whereby they put a long tube down your mouth that goes into your stomach.
They spray the back of your throat with something to prevent the gag reflex.  The end of the tube has a tiny camera and tiny tweezers for taking samples of bad stuff.

Anyway, I've had 4 of them years ago with no (!) anesthetic.  :o (no, I'm not Chuck Norris.....LOL)

I was planning to get one with an anesthetic today, and I was worried I'd be staggering around like a drunk afterwards.  The handout they give you says "don't take a bus by yourself."  I took a cab, and the hospital is close.

Maybe the gastroenterologist adjusted the sedative dose because I told him I took a Clonazepam yesterday?  I didn't find the sedative (Valium via drip?) that strong, but I still feel something 12 hours later.

Anyway, all went well. 

Should anyone be getting the procedure or a similar one in the future, if I can handle it....so can you.
I know it sounds creepy, but I find giving blood samples more creepy, actually.

Peter
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:20:19 pm by Pleeb »

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: ....was worried about endoscopy.....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:47:19 am »
Oh yeah....because I was kinda out of it, I forgot to watch the tv screen that shows inside my tummy...not that that's so interesting.

Peter

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 05:23:49 am »
Glad it went well! i have had it before too and I dont really remember much of the procedure at all!
Love is the reason!

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 05:57:44 am »
Hello Peter. I'm glad that it went well. Take Care. paul m