Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: heart ailment...
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 11:29:07 pm »
Interesting!  My Dr. thinks that 130 - 139 is okay, even though it is called "high normal"!  I try to eat well, exercise, and keep my weight donw, and that seems to help too.

When I was working, my weight was 205 lbs.  When I stopped working and was able to walk around more (i.e. no long changed to a desk), I got my weight down to about 170 - 175 lbs!

Rich
« Last post by Pleeb on July 31, 2021, 10:39:52 pm »
LOL - I also take an acid reducer, cholesterol med, 2 or 3 blood pressure meds.  A couple of others.

My nephrologist added a tiny amount of another blood pressure med to get my blood pressure under 120, which it is :)

My former nurse practitioner, if my b.p. was around 130, she thought that was great.  The nephrologist thinks that's really high.

Peter

General Discussion / Re: WHERE IS EVERYONE???
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 08:38:57 pm »
Thanks Peter!  I thought I was the only member left alive!  I was about to start writing my posts in the nude, since I figured there was no one here to report me.  It's a good thing I didn't!!  :-)

Rich
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 08:36:04 pm »
Aha!  It's a contest, is it?

Well, in my (med) corner is....:

- Lithium
- Lamotrigine
- Seroquel

- Lansoprazole (stomach acid eliminator)
- Rosuvastatin (cholesterol)
- Ramipril x 2 (blood pressure meds - I need 2 of them to get me the right dose)
- Asthma inhalers x 2

So there!  Is anyone out there up to the # of meds challenge?

Rich  :-)
I should try attending a different support group here one of these days.

Peter
« Last post by Pleeb on July 31, 2021, 08:18:29 pm »
Hi, Rich....Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm still around.  I last posted a few weeks ago.

Peter (the stand up comic, used to be, anyway)
« Last post by Pleeb on July 31, 2021, 08:15:44 pm »
Hi, Rich.....

I take 10 meds, 2 of which are antidepressants:  Wellbutrin, Mirtazapine.

I like Mirtazapine.  Wellbutrin, I'm not sure it still works.  I tell Dr's, and all I get is "keep taking it."

My 10 meds - not as bad as it sounds:  my cholesterol med, I BARELY need, stomach acid reducer I could maybe do without.

My 3 heart meds - I no longer have a minor heart ailment, but cardiologist says to keep taking them forever.

Peter
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
Well well well...it's just me again, typing out my little story as a kind of therapy.

Today, I want to focus on my step-daughter's role in all of this.  She's an adult and living on her own, and she's about at the usual age where people have their first bipolar adventure.

Her and her Mom have had a great time encouraging each other to BELIEVE in Astrology, Tarot card readings, mediums, Arch-Angel Michael, ascension, vibrating at a higher level, conspiracy theories, etc.  She's not at the level that her Mom is at (her Mom is going to become a Goddess and save the world, when called upon!), but she's getting there.  I think when a person BELIEVES in ALL of the above, that's quite a heaping plate full of unmedicatedness!

Anyways, she's her Mom's partner-in-crime.

Well, I had better get back to doing important things, like watch 80's rock videos, etc.

Goodnight!

Rich
« Last post by Rich on July 29, 2021, 09:02:04 pm »
Well, with my wife no longer living with me (separated), I do have a fair amount of idle time.  In this entry to myself, I think I'll mourn the loss of the future that my wife and I had spent many hours dreaming about and planning for.  Our last version of our remaining years together, was to be on Vancouver Island in British Columbia.  We really don't like cold, snowy weather - we definitely don't like snow-related hobbies either, that's for sure!

My wife and I had mostly decided that we would need a very nice condo, close to the ocean and walking paths.  We are getting too old for cutting lawns and shoveling snow, so the warmer weather of Vancouver Island really appealed to us.

We had decided on at least a two bedroom condo, in case the kids came for a visit.  We had hoped that we would eventually have enough money to pay for the kids airfare.  I know that it might sound weird to not live in the same city (province??) as your kids, but we can't be following the kids around on their various moves.
« Last post by Rich on July 29, 2021, 06:39:17 pm »
Okay....so since this forum appears to be dead, I guess I will use it as a diary to myself!  I might as well, since the site is up and running (and costing someone some money).

While doing chores, trying to keep myself busy, I started thinking about the future ahead of me.

Like I keep saying in my posts:  "I don't choose well.  I can't see the signs.".  So that means that I need to forget about looking for a THIRD "life partner".  The first two didn't work out.  I guess my takeaway from all of this has been that I don't get along with people for more than 9 - 13.5 years.  I don't think that I change.  Maybe that's the problem!  Am I supposed to change?  What if I'm happy where I am in life, and content to coast thru to my death?  What if I don't like / want new things (although I do like some new things)?  I still like 80s music, with a good dose of 70s music, and a dash of 90s music.  Am I supposed to give today's music a chance?  Why do I have to?  The music I listened in my youth is intertwined with memories.  What does today's music have to offer me.  Well, enough of this already.

I think that my only chance at having some company of no consequence, and having someone to split the bills with, is to be roommates with someone - in a completely non-marital way.  Then I wouldn't feel alone, since I'm sure I'd bump into my roommate here and there in the apartment.  This would satisfy my desire to not be all alone all of the time, while at the same time avoiding the 9 - 13.5 year time limits that my relationships have (RE:  less contact with a roommate).

Love yourself!

Rich
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10