Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: heart ailment...
« Last post by Pleeb on July 31, 2021, 10:39:52 pm »
LOL - I also take an acid reducer, cholesterol med, 2 or 3 blood pressure meds.  A couple of others.

My nephrologist added a tiny amount of another blood pressure med to get my blood pressure under 120, which it is :)

My former nurse practitioner, if my b.p. was around 130, she thought that was great.  The nephrologist thinks that's really high.

Peter

General Discussion / Re: WHERE IS EVERYONE???
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 08:38:57 pm »
Thanks Peter!  I thought I was the only member left alive!  I was about to start writing my posts in the nude, since I figured there was no one here to report me.  It's a good thing I didn't!!  :-)

Rich
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 08:36:04 pm »
Aha!  It's a contest, is it?

Well, in my (med) corner is....:

- Lithium
- Lamotrigine
- Seroquel

- Lansoprazole (stomach acid eliminator)
- Rosuvastatin (cholesterol)
- Ramipril x 2 (blood pressure meds - I need 2 of them to get me the right dose)
- Asthma inhalers x 2

So there!  Is anyone out there up to the # of meds challenge?

Rich  :-)
I should try attending a different support group here one of these days.

Peter
« Last post by Pleeb on July 31, 2021, 08:18:29 pm »
Hi, Rich....Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm still around.  I last posted a few weeks ago.

Peter (the stand up comic, used to be, anyway)
« Last post by Pleeb on July 31, 2021, 08:15:44 pm »
Hi, Rich.....

I take 10 meds, 2 of which are antidepressants:  Wellbutrin, Mirtazapine.

I like Mirtazapine.  Wellbutrin, I'm not sure it still works.  I tell Dr's, and all I get is "keep taking it."

My 10 meds - not as bad as it sounds:  my cholesterol med, I BARELY need, stomach acid reducer I could maybe do without.

My 3 heart meds - I no longer have a minor heart ailment, but cardiologist says to keep taking them forever.

Peter
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
Hi!
« Last post by Rich on July 29, 2021, 09:02:04 pm »
Hi!
« Last post by Rich on July 29, 2021, 06:39:17 pm »
Okay....so since this forum appears to be dead, I guess I will use it as a diary to myself!  I might as well, since the site is up and running (and costing someone some money).

While doing chores, trying to keep myself busy, I started thinking about the future ahead of me.

I don't think that I change.  Maybe that's the problem!  Am I supposed to change?  What if I'm happy where I am in life, and content to coast thru to my death?  What if I don't like / want new things (although I do like some new things)?  I still like 80s music, with a good dose of 70s music, and a dash of 90s music.  Am I supposed to give today's music a chance?  Why do I have to?  The music I listened in my youth is intertwined with memories.  What does today's music have to offer me.  Well, enough of this already.

Love yourself!

Rich
Depression and Bipolar / Re: Struggling with Medication
« Last post by Rich on July 29, 2021, 11:25:41 am »
Hi Steph, I feel really bad for you and the struggles you are having with your medications.  I don't think I can be of much help, since I've never really had much problems with my meds (Lithium, Lamotrigine, and Seroquel for Bipolar II).  I mean, I still get "lithium fog", and Seroquel still knocks me out all night long, but I don't mind it so much.  The whole bipolar thing seems have caused me cognitive impairment of my memory.  But I like forgetting about my life (lithium fog), and I like feeling calm like a Vulcan (Seroquel).

Also, I used to be prescribed Clonzepam for anxiety, but one day my Psychiatrist cut me off cold turkey and told me to "do breathing exercises instead".  In less than a year, I was on medical marijuana - high CBD for anxiety, and 1:1 (THC : CBD) to forget about life for a while in the evenings.  (I still take my psych meds).  Maybe all Psychiatrists need to be supervised by Psychiatric Survivors!  Wouldn't that be nice?

I really hope that you find a cocktail that works for you!  I'm sorry that I can do anything more for you than to wish you well.

Rich
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10