Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 30887 times)

Rich

• View Profile
What did you do today?
« on: January 27, 2015, 07:52:24 pm »
- I got up at 4:55 a.m. as per normal
- Gave Soozan her morning pills
- Took the dog out
- Kicked-off the coffee maker
- Shower and shaved
- Got dressed
- Woke up Soozan
- Had breakfast with Soozan (bran muffins x 2, black coffee)
- Took my morning pills
- Got driven to the subway station by Soozan
- Got to work by 7:05 a.m.
- Logged onto my laptop
- Made herbal tea (lemon and ginger - no caffeine)
- Reviewed my financial situation
- Started working by 7:20 a.m.
- Worked hard and took a quarter of a 0.5 clonazepam and one Tylenol with codeine at 11:10 a.m.
- Went to a Chinese food restaurant with my friends ($10 each) - had BBQ pork + roast pork on rice with bok choy
- Took my lunch time pills and reminded Soozan to do the same
- Worked hard and took another quarter of a 0.5 clonazepam and two Tylenol with codeine at 2:30 p.m.
- Left work at 3:55 p.m. as per normal
- Got home earlier than normal (4:55 p.m.)
- Had sandwiches for dinner for a change (Soozan usually cooks delicious hot meals)
- I took my dinner pills
- Soozan took me to our local Second Cup for mocha lattes after dinner
- We talked about our plans for the future (i.e. no more kids, no more elder care, maybe retire one day...)
- I did some administrivia and we both did some surfing
- It's 7:53 p.m. now...

Rich

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:05:15 pm »
Well....

I did everything Rich said I did PLUS!

Laundry, some graphic design work and played some computer games...

Ate a whole bag of crispy mini's which doesn't make for it to be diet food when you do that I learned all too quickly... (I need to stop eating those...)

Not to mention slaving over a hot (well cold) counter cutting up that whole tomato and that ripping apart the lettuce for the sandwiches!
(We had sub like sandwiches with cold cuts ... it was somewhat fancy - I went all out!)

IT was a very tough day! ( :P)

Oh and I was a good girl and took my pills at lunch too!

- Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:22:51 am »
Hello Rich. Great idea for a post. I don't know why more didn't reply, but that sometimes happens. I didn't post right away because I had a terrible day that day.

It started out with me trying to make a campground reservation at 7am on line with a provincial park.  I'm not my best at 7am. Between that and trying to figure out exactly what all the person who programmed the new reservation system was talking about didn't help my mood. It took me till 7.45 to get it done and only after repeated failures. (the province brought in a new and improved system this yr to replace the old one that had worked well for yrs and usually takes only 5 minutes)

Then I had some breakfast, bacon and eggs, then I did some errands and shopping till about 11am and then I took a nap. My alarm woke me up at 1.30 when I was supposed to go and play hockey. Except I felt horrible. Took blood sugar reading and realized that bacon, plus donut while shopping plus too rich of lunch = too high of blood sugar readings.

Went back to bed, got back up at 5.30 and frittered away most of the evening. But I did manage to facilitate our peer support group that night so my day wasn't a total waste.

Next time, please pick a day where I am exceedingly productive LOL.   Thx for the post, even if it wasn't my best day. Take Care. paul m

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 10:03:05 am »
I agree with Paul! Pick a day I'm productive.  :) I'm exhausted reading about Rich's day. Great idea for a post, though.

I haven't been sleeping. I went for 3 nights with no sleep at all. I missed one night, which triggered my OCD. The OCD makes it so I can't stop thinking, which makes it so I can't sleep. Vicious cycle.

I had my usual for breakfast, which was bran flakes and water. Hubby was home, so I also had coffee. I dealt with some things with the bank. Did some laundry. Spent too much time on the computer, but I did get to speak with some really good people on my new chat line who gave me great tips on sleeping and seemed genuinely concerned. Dealt with the company that installed our windows and doors over the horrible job they did on our garage door. Fruit for lunch. Fish and a nice variety of raw veggies for dinner. I went for a really nice walk around 9 pm.

Now that I look back, it was a healthy day. :)

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 02:31:39 pm »
Good topic but bad week for me to discuss what I did or didn't accomplish as the case may be. And now I don't remember yesterday let alone Tuesday lol
Love is the reason!

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 03:43:26 pm »
Thanks for the responses everyone! it's always interesting to hear a "day in the life of" our peers! My work is slowing down right now and I hurt my foot somehow so I am toddling along with a limp! I have had uneventful days but today is laundry day and I am making tacos.. Yay! Thank goodness my daughter has agreed to help me!

Rich is always busy .... and very scheduled! He makes me tired just watching him!

:) - Soozan

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 07:51:28 am »
Thanks for the post Rich.

Things are not good for me right now. Hard for me to comment.

Dragonfly

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 11:06:18 am »
Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you Dragonfly!

I know what you mean, when things aren't going well, I don't tend to say too much.

Hope things get better for you

- Soozan

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 01:55:48 pm »
Any advice anyone. Never been through something like this before.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 06:41:12 pm »
Good idea for a thread, Rich.

Re your "got up at 4:55 (?) today," I got up at 4:30 pm today.... :-[   I was under the weather yesterday....better today.

Peter

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 09:01:45 am »
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well Peter! are you a night owl?

- Soozan

messee

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today? LOOKING
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 01:49:57 pm »
Hey all,

Have been off work since June due to depression with SI.  Doing TMS at CAMH presently (at least one more week).  After that I will be completely unoccupied.  Which I think is going could be deadly.

I'd like to be back in work but my confidence is very low in addition to my low / irritable mood, general brainfogginess, and other issues. I'm trying to find a volunteer opportunity during the day but I'm afraid most won't be interested in a middle aged guy with a mental health issue.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where is in need of volunteers?

BTW if anyone has contemplated taking extended med leave for depression -- I have to suggest it is not the best idea in all circumstances. 

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »
Hello messee,

I just wanted to welcome you  :)

I've tried some different volunteer opportunities myself, and find the right opportunity helps. I didn't stay with anything for too long because I found what I tried to do was either depressing or took social skills (which I lack). The one thing I was able to do was the odd thing for my church (getting the sanctuary ready for service suited me). That way I didn't have to go when I wasn't feeling up to it. You do not have to be religious to volunteer at a church.

Hoping to hear more from you. We are a great bunch of non-judgemental, caring friends.

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »
Hi Messee! Welcome to the forum!

It seems you might be local to the Toronto area if you are going to camh ... have you heard of progress place? its a clubhouse for people with mental health issues where its all client run and you have different jobs you can do and it keeps you active and involved and if you don't want to particpate, but just hang out you can do that as well. There is no pressure and no pressure to come every day, its up to you how much you participate. There is an intake process, but after that you are a lifetime member.

I loved it there, it gave me a place to go and feel useful and being creative, I got involved in the media floor that ran the in house radio station and we produced birthday cards for club members and did the slide shows that ran all day throughout the club house. We also did a daily news show which was broadcast. It was really fun, if you aren't into that there is an office area that looks after the administrative parts of the business and a cafeteria. The cafeteria serves healthy meals at a really inexpensive price, and they have a boutique that has really good deals too!

I don't go anymore because I have obligations at home looking after my elderly mother in law, however I do miss it ... you might just want to check it out .. they also have opportunities for part time work (companies call them looking for part time workers) for those who want to make some extra money just working a couple of hours a day. the web site is http://progressplace.org/static/index.htm

hope this helps
- Soozan

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 12:48:41 am »
Hello Meese and welcome. In regards to being middle aged and having mental health problems, I'm 60 and I have a lot of problems, both mental and physical, and I have to watch that I don't take too much volunteer stuff on. So there a lot of places to volunteer. I will caution you though, until you are stable, start small.  As Soozan has mentioned, Progress place is a good place to hang out or to do a little volunteer work to start with.

The Mood Disorders Association Ont, the charity that provides this forum, runs many peer support groups during the week. For a full listing you can go to https://mooddisorders.ca/programs?field_region_value_many_to_one=Toronto   They can be a great place to go to learn about your illness, interchange ideas with others about how to get well, talk with others about frustrations or just a pleasant place  to go and relax. Plus they are free.

The MDAO also runs many free programs.

Plus you can post on here. Please feel free to ask questions, answer other people's questions and use the forum to vent out a few of life's frustrations.  Take Care. paul m