Author Topic: Check In  (Read 9936 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Check In
« on: October 25, 2014, 08:24:12 am »
Hi everyone :) I just wanted to do a check in.

For myself, I'm pretty much trying to take everything day by day. I have Agoraphobia and went for a walk with my oldest daughter the night before last. I was going to try to walk last night on my own, but didn't find the courage. I'll try again tonight. I have to go after dark. My street is perfect for it, its a circle without a lot of traffic.

My OCD is spinning a little out of control and I think it's because there's so much going on in my life to deal with that I try to gain control through my OCD, if that makes any sense. As an example, I can feel some sort of "normalcy" if the glasses in my cupboard are lined up in the right order.  Odd, but true.

The things going on include grieving the loss of my father-in-law and dealing with the family feuding that took place immediately after, trying to find window coverings and fixing structural problems to our home in a way that won't break us financially, finding the proper post-secondary education for my youngest, finding rides for my youngest home from work late at night in a way that won't tire everyone out, cataract eye surgery for my husband, and helping my oldest balance university with working.

Please reply and let me know how everyone else is doing. You're all awesome!

NeitherHereNorThere

• ...don't let me get me...
    • View Profile
Re: Check In
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:54 pm »
Hi there Peace,

I'm new to the site.  Wow, you have A LOT going on.  You must be exhausted.  It sounds like you're managing quite well considering the weight on your shoulders.  I hope you are also doing things to take care of yourself.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  The family feuding is common once a loved one passes but that's not to say that it's easy to ride the waves.  I hope you can hang on.

Let me know how your walk turns out.  I don't particularly find walking relaxing.  I don't feel safe and although the exercise is good, I find that I'm holding my breath all the time.  Isn't it funny how the things that came so easily before, become a major brain-drain?

For myself, I'm battling the side effects of meds and today has been extremely difficult.  I'm going to have to speak with my doctor because I can't live this way.  Is anyone having side effects from Seroquel XR?  My doctor wants me at the 150mg/day dosage and I can't seem to take more that 25mg/day without feeling ill.  I have given it a good try and have been up to 100mg/day for the past month.  However, I've also spent the past month in bed.  I'm certain this medication is NOT for me.  Does anyone know of this problem and if there is medication that doesn't mess with your blood pressure?

I also hope to hear from everyone.  This post is a great idea!
If you can't handle it when I'm at my worst, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my best.

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 11:04:54 pm »
Hi everyone!  I'm sorry that I don't post here very often at all anymore, but quite frankly, my life is great!  Sure, I have some minor health problems, including Bipolar 2 and anxiety, as well as the usual problems with teenagers, elder-care, job and money, but overall, everything is going great!  Soozan and I get along great, and we make sure that we get our treats in, although they tend to be the naughty, high-calorie kind.  We haven't had a night away together since March, but we're going to have one in a few weeks.  It's always good to get away from all of the responsibilities that we have, even if it is just for a night.

You can see why I am reluctant to post here very often --- we have a great life, with nothing much to complain about, and I just don't want to bring any of you down by posting that very often, especially if you are facing serious challenges.  We know that we are lucky, and we hope that you will all be lucky one day too!  You will be if you continue to try to move forwards!!

Rich

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:45:55 am »
Hi
Spirit- i hope everything gets sorted soon for you. You are in my prayers.
I am doing ok- getting ready to move is not fun and of course i am second guessing my decision to move now. I know i will be closer to work but farther away from my parents. i am going to miss them. we also gave our puppy to a friend as the cat hated her and was very mean to her. So i am feeling quite sad and guilty over it plus i miss her like crazy! Fighting the constant anxiety that goes along with bipolar is wearing me down and i just dont know if i can continue. I feel weak right now and stressed out! I feel like running away sometimes! Thats what is going on in my world! I hope everyone else is doing well!
Love is the reason!

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 10:02:03 pm »
Hi everyone,

I really enjoy my kids. I still call them kids even though they are in their 30's. I see them often as I do my grandchildren. It is so much fun to play with them and see them grow up.
I miss my husband so much and it is very lonely sometimes since I live on my own. I know I have to go forward and I am still very lucky to have my family.
I have a problem with my mind jumping from one thing that I have to do to another thing within seconds, minutes of each other. Is this OCD?
It is overwhelming. I dwell on negative things that have happened in the past and I feel guilty. I think it is all my fault. I also dwell on things that have happened recently. What people have said to me and how they have acted towards me. Could I somehow have made the situation better?
On the whole I am doing okay.

Peace you have a lot on your plate. You are sandwiched between the parents and kids. After parents pass away it seems to bring the best and the worst out in the family. It makes me very angry that it has to be that way. Thanks for starting this post. It is always nice to hear how people are doing. I hope thinks start going better for you.

NeitherHereNorThere, I am on seroquel for sleeping. I take 12.5 mg. If I take 25 mg. I am a zombie the next day.

Rich, I am glad that you and Soozan are doing so well! Both of you deserve it.

LuckyLou, I haven't moved in a long time. It would be something else with all the stuff my husband and I accumulated. Hope the move goes well for you. I hope you can still see your puppy at your friends house from time to time.

Dragonfly

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 05:12:50 am »
Thanks Dragonfly! They did say we could stop by anytime to see her so we may have to do that soon!
Love is the reason!

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 11:17:51 pm »
Hello Everyone. It's good to see so many familiar names.

To Peace. Family feuding is hard, I hope that you find a way to bring peace better than I and my family did. (I ignore most of them,and they ignore me). Actually it works quite well, until someone asks my how so and so is doing and I haven't a clue. Trying to balance every day problems(drive children to and from work, medical problems, finances etc) can be a real chore. Good Luck with everything.

To  NeitherHereNorThere. I'm not a doc or medically trained, but this is what works for me, In regards to seroquel and any antipyschotic med in general. I do not like the extended release versions. When ever I have to take seroquel (doesn't happen often, but it does stop serious mood swings quickly for me) , I take as many as 4 doses a day. I prefer the smaller amounts at a time and it gives me much more control over how I'm going to feel. For example if I was to take 200 mg(a common dose for me) I would take 25mg in the morning, 25 at noon, 50 at 5pm and the last 100 at about 7pm that way during the peak of my day I have little in my system and when I need to sleep I have a lot.  Seroquel regular release tablets can be split.  But it may be that seroquel is just not the med for you.

There are a lot of antipsychotics on the market Seroquel worked best or me and I tried about 5 or 6 , but it's not for everyone.It doesn't even work well for some people. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist(the pharmacist may know more) about whats available. The latest one is Lurasidone (Latuda)  It's the latest "miracle Drug"  and I use the term mockingly, because when they are first released they are all "miracle Drugs"  you can find out more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurasidone  . 

Hello LuckyLou. I haven't moved in yrs, mainly because I hate moving. Good Luck with your move.

Hello Rich. People are allowed to tell good stories on here too, it gives other people hope. Plus I miss your friendly and cheerful posts.  You would be doing us all a favour by posting more frequently.As well it's not like you haven't been through hard times yourself.

Hello Dragonfly. I'm sure that you miss your husband very much. I won't try and say that I can even begin to understand your loss. I wouldn't know what to do without my wife. In regards to your mind racing, if I'm a little hypomanic or in some sort of mixed state, one of the first things that occurs is that my mind starts to flip through thoughts very quickly. It doesn't mean that I'm heading for a full blown manic episode, it's just a first indicator that all is not right. I then examine my life style, meds, relaxation techniques, known stressor and see if anything has changed. For me lately, usually it's my stress levels that I have let get a little lose. Lack of sleep will usually start my mind racing, but then it's hard to sleep with your mind racing LOL. Being forced into certain social situations can also be a real stressor for me.

How am I doing? Depends on ones measuring stick, compared to 10 yrs ago I'm wonderful, compared to a normal healthly person, well not so wonderful. However I am happy and learning to live with my assorted disabilities. Take Care. paul m