Author Topic: What's in our feel better Tool Belt?  (Read 40298 times)

katiecole

• View Profile
Re: What's in our feel better Tool Belt?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 10:03:17 pm »
Went for a hike up a mountain today. Getting out in the fresh air, well bundled up is invigorating. I find that exercising my physical body gets me out of the mind. It is like a form of meditation. My goal is to try and do some exercise each day but of course that is easier said than done! Balance seems to be key when treating bipolar. The healthier I eat, get proper rest, again exercise, the better things are balanced.

Reading a good book is great; socializing with friends when possible; watching a good movie.

DeterminedJay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 04:57:07 pm »
You are quite correct, exercise really allows you to be at one with your body as you need to focus on moving in the correct way without thinking about whatever is bothering you. Meditation of the body for sure!

We should start some polls on which activities allow you to fully open your mind to the experience of being, and perhaps post some experiences of such. If we all talk about exercising, even if it is just a little bit, it will motivate us all to start joining in.

I am glad that you felt great while hiking, I wish there was a mountain near here where I could hike. I'm sure I could find something!

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 02:11:30 am »
Hi, WR....I have no pets, but I like finding neat pet pics, esp cats on petoftheday.com and cuteoverload.com.......I post a lot of them on Facebook, and oddball pics I find on Tumblr blogs, like old ads.... I posted an old ad that showed an infant drinking 7-up!!!  Something about the infant will be more social from drinking it....I forget.

Peter

I also like joking with cashiers, people working at Second Cup or whatever, and saying thank you in their languages if I guess correctly.  They often get a big kick out of it, esp Ethiopian women.

This isn't something I can control - the other day I was feeling bad, but I was very chatty, but not by choice - it just happened........I wasn't trying to be cheerful.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 02:17:00 am »
New routine.....I have a plastic octopus (?) tentacle about 6 inches long - fits on my finger.

If they ask:  "Anything else with your coffee (or whatever I'm ordering...."  I show them my octopus finger and say:  "And a bucket of fish heads for my pet squid please......are they fresh?"  Too offbeat for a lot of people, especially if they don't have great English skills.

The guy in the Second Cup in the Eaton Centre laffs his head off at my stuff, but he wasn't in Friday!....next time!

Peter

:P

Don't send me back to the institute!.....LOL

DaniAle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 11:05:37 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm new here. Really enjoyed reading about everyone's feel better tool belt. Mine are a lot of the same as yours:

Reading
Going to the gym
Spending time with my daughter
Meditating
Attending Self-Help Groups
Taking my meds
Writing
Attending mass
Eating healthy
Drinking lots of water
Starting each day with a clean slate
Talking with friends
A good cup of coffee
Colouring
Bargain hunting
Knitting

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 01:03:26 am »
Hello DaniAle. Welcome to the forum. Great list. Please feel free to ask questions, answer other people's questions' and/or use the forum to vent.  Sometimes I find venting out a few of my frustrations is a good way to keep healthy. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 08:21:11 pm »
Starting each day with a clean slate

Never thought of that!

Peter