Author Topic: Community Dinner at my church  (Read 9837 times)

JennyRN70

• View Profile
Community Dinner at my church
« on: October 06, 2014, 07:16:37 pm »
Hi everyone - just wanted to let you know about a yummy turkey dinner at my church Saturday night at 6:30pm - here is the link to the church - the food will be good because my future brother in law does most of the cooking! :) http://www.jubileeunited.ca - our church is LGBT supportive and very welcoming - I know it is hard for many of us to go out into public places - this is going to be difficult for me too because I don't go to church too often but I plan on going (hubby is working) and if you are interested in going please let me know I could maybe arrange to pick you up if you are in the east end of the city xoxo

Jen

Dragonfly

• View Profile
Re: Community Dinner at my church
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »
Hi JennyRN70,

Sounds really good. Unfortunately I don't live out your way.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:33 pm »
Hello JennyRN70. I'd love to go, but I will be in London that night visiting with family. I hope that you have a good turn out. Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 07:34:34 am »
How is the family doing Paul?

Dragonfly  :)

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 10:45:00 am »
thanks for the replies guys - I am nervous about going and with more med changes this week we will see how I do :S  I had a bad day yesterday - so far stable today.

NeitherHereNorThere

• ...don't let me get me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 06:47:50 am »
Hi JennyRN70.  Thanks very much for the invitation.  I'm in the west end and my meds knock me out by 8pm.  My thoughts will be with you.  I'm sending you love and energy, and I hope you enjoy the evening.  Hugs!
If you can't handle it when I'm at my worst, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my best.

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:53 pm »
thank you NHNT - I am good the Pdoc didn't change any meds this week thank God - just continuing with the Latuda.  We discussed my nursing career and the plan is to go into maternity and stay away from palliative care/oncology - due to the death factor - so that is helpful and now I can concentrate on getting my maternity certificate and getting a job in that area ;)

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 08:18:25 pm »
So happy my friend/neghbour is going to go to the dinner with me - glad I don't have to go by myself!  I hope everyone is having a good day.

NeitherHereNorThere

• ...don't let me get me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 08:06:10 am »
Excellent!  JennyRN70, it sounds like it's going to be a great experience.

Cyber Hugs!
If you can't handle it when I'm at my worst, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my best.