Author Topic: SOUTH LAKE WALK IN A WASTE OF TIME !  (Read 7644 times)

paul

• View Profile
SOUTH LAKE WALK IN A WASTE OF TIME !
« on: September 26, 2014, 01:46:26 pm »

I am begging, screaming for someone to help and.............

If you go to the hospital they lock you up in a room and eventually ask if you are OK.

For the doctors out there anyone with severe depression is  ALWAYS thinking of killing them selves from day to day. It becomes a problem when you are / have planning..............

I was looking forward to the walk in program at South Lake Hospital in New-market. I have heard great things from going to different groups from people. I have not yet seen one person who is better for it only that they liked it.

Today I had an appointment to see the person in charge of the program and was VERY disappointed.  It is a " SELF HELP " program were you mediate , exercise etc. etc.

SERIOUSLY !

If I could " SELF HELP " I would NOT be here. I need is for someone to fix my brain. The person I spoke to we did not see eye to eye and I could feel an argument coming. The person came on as knowing ALL .............. In fact this person is ONLY in it for the money and NOTHING else. This is an income for her.

The government puts out soooooooooo much money for Mental Health and yet there is NOTHING and only people milking the system as a job and source of income and then come off as know ALL. She was not really interested in what I had to say and neither was i as I quickly saw as this only being a money program and nothing more. As a bonus I would HAVE to pay $50.00 for parking ( I was told that was as GOOD deal). When you are on disability and suffering that is NOT A GOOD DEAL !!! Possibly a GOOD DEAL for the person profiting from it ..........

In fact there is NO REAL help out there any where and only wasted money that is provided by the government.

JennyRN70

• View Profile
Re: SOUTH LAKE WALK IN A WASTE OF TIME !
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 02:55:24 pm »
that sucks :(

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SOUTH LAKE WALK IN A WASTE OF TIME !
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 10:20:21 pm »
Hello Paul. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience and I agree that some medical people are in it for the money. However do not give up, there are many in the field who are dedicated and helpful.

When I was really ill, I found that I had to sometimes control my temper and try and find out the best way to get the best possible services. That's not a criticism of anyone, as I too was very frustrated at the time and lost my temper more than once with the system. I still get frustrated sometimes.

Same with programs. Often the programs I took were an 80% waste of my time, but I did learn something that helped in the other 20%. That may not be fair or right, but that's the way it is. Of course I've taken other programs and gotten a lot out of them.

I hate paying for paring too. However the few times I have visited someone at Southlake I never paid anything as I have always found parking on a nearby side st.

For anyone having to go to Southlake go to their website and look up parking they provide full rates and a list of nearby private lots that are cheaper than at the hospital.  There is one about 2 blocks from the hospital that is 3 bucks a day and another one is 5 bucks per day.  Take Care. paul m