Author Topic: Latuda starting tomorrow  (Read 30297 times)

JennyRN70

• View Profile
Re: Latuda starting tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »
Hi Dragonfly - I am doing well thanks so much for asking - as a matter of fact I am thinking of going back to work soon doing a private duty case so will be glad to get back to work.  Hope you are doing well also.

Jen

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 07:52:12 pm »
Okay - just a Latuda update - for me this med is fantastic - not manic at all just normal and happy with a normal energy - have been on it for over 5 weeks now - had some pms issues but nothing like I usually get.  My negative thinking has been minimal - but does rear it's ugly head now and again.  The next test will be going back to work - that of course has been where my difficulties have been - but I am changing my speciality from ER to neonatal intensive care unit and maternity.  So that is me in a nutshell - my courses are going well and I am getting high grades - even compared to before meds and after meds change - I am more focused and less frustrated.

I hope you are all doing well - consider this med if you are needing something for bipolar depression that assists what you are on now.

Jen xoxox

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 10:42:48 pm »
Hello Jenny. Good Luck with i? Any reason why the doc decided to try abilify instead? Take Care. paul m

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 05:00:16 am »
Glad to hear you are doing well and the med is working for you! Good luck with your studies and returning to work!
Love is the reason!

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 06:18:44 pm »
So glad that you are doing better.  :-*

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 02:47:37 am »
Hello Jenn. When you said "  - he may not know it but the guilt he causes me to feel whether intentional or not - feel like I should just leave the relationship sometimes ".

I can understand your feelings. I've had the same feelings a fair number of times(guilt and thinking I should leave). I don't know you or your fiance, but I'm glad that I stayed with my spouse( and that she allowed me to stay LOL). However as understanding as my spouse is, sometimes the frustration of my having bipolar does boil over into the occasional unpleasant argument.

Fortunately we don't have those arguments very often anymore, but it took at lot of work to get to this point. BTW, nothing here should be taken as a criticism, they are just my own views, gained through my own life experiences..

I can only say that bipolar is a difficult illness to have and sometimes it's difficult for my spouse to live with someone who has bipolar.

Of course that's just speaking for myself, I know that all of you other people who have bipolar are wonderful people who would never cause anyone a moment of anxiety LOL.

However I understand the guilt that bipolar causes all to well. It shouldn't as bipolar is a legitimate illness and we are mostly good people with a bad illness, not bad people with inventive excuses.

But as you and I and many people with bipolar know we all suffer enough guilt on our own and we don't need someone reminding us of bad things that may have happened or good things that didn't happen because of our illness. Take Care. paul m.   

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 08:17:28 pm »
Hi Jenny!  ER and neonatal intensive care sound verrrrryyyy stressful.  Why not get a cushy gig working with seniors?  When my Mom was in the hospital back in May, every time I came to visit *ALL* of the nurses were on break --- *EVERY TIME* (and yes, I came at different times!).  THAT'S a great job to have!

You know that bipolar + too much stress = short-term / long-term disability

Rich

NeitherHereNorThere

• ...don't let me get me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 07:18:56 am »
Hi all.  Yes, I agree with Rich.  Jenny, this sounds like a lot of stress.  Please take good care of yourself!  Good performance and grades can't be your only pay off for all of the stress you're under.  Listen to your body and be kind to yourself.

I'm so happy to hear that you are having success with the meds.  Being able to focus is like getting your life back.

I'm excited for you!
If you can't handle it when I'm at my worst, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my best.

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 12:01:22 pm »
Hi all - I agree - the areas of nursing I chose are stressful - I hate to be bored - anyway - the Latuda has flipped me into a slight mania - so the Dr has me on it every other day starting today - not sure if I should be facing these stressful areas or not - I am going to talk to my friend about it today - she is a nurse also and might have an opinion about it. - Hope you are all well - thanks Rich - I think you might be right.

Jen

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »
I have thought about the suggestion about the stressful areas of nursing and of course trying to not work night because that is bad too - so I am applying for several positions that mainly are straight days.  I am disappointed that the Latuda put me into hypomania - this illness possess me off and makes me so frustrated :(