Author Topic: WHERE IS EVERYONE???  (Read 15153 times)

Rich

• View Profile
WHERE IS EVERYONE???
« on: July 28, 2021, 11:37:36 pm »
Wow!  When I joined this forum back in 2007, there were a lot of regular posters here!

I'm going to assume that everyone (including me) just kept moving forward with their life...

Rich

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:35:14 pm by Rich »

Rich

• View Profile
Re: WHERE IS EVERYONE???
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 06:39:17 pm »
Okay....so since this forum appears to be dead, I guess I will use it as a diary to myself!  I might as well, since the site is up and running (and costing someone some money).

While doing chores, trying to keep myself busy, I started thinking about the future ahead of me.

I don't think that I change.  Maybe that's the problem!  Am I supposed to change?  What if I'm happy where I am in life, and content to coast thru to my death?  What if I don't like / want new things (although I do like some new things)?  I still like 80s music, with a good dose of 70s music, and a dash of 90s music.  Am I supposed to give today's music a chance?  Why do I have to?  The music I listened in my youth is intertwined with memories.  What does today's music have to offer me.  Well, enough of this already.

Love yourself!

Rich
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:38:55 pm by Rich »

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 09:02:04 pm »
Hi!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:39:53 pm by Rich »

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
Hi!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:40:42 pm by Rich »

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 08:18:29 pm »
Hi, Rich....Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm still around.  I last posted a few weeks ago.

Peter (the stand up comic, used to be, anyway)

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 08:38:57 pm »
Thanks Peter!  I thought I was the only member left alive!  I was about to start writing my posts in the nude, since I figured there was no one here to report me.  It's a good thing I didn't!!  :-)

Rich

Eazybreezy02

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 09:58:25 am »
I'm here! I thought the same thing  :-\

I think what happens is when people start to feel better, they don't need to be on here anymore. But, because of mental illness, when they don't feel good, it's hard to either remember this is here or have no energy to be utilizing this service. I know for myself when I first found this site/forum I was in a shitty place looking for answers, to talk to anyone who would listen. Then when I had a blip in the radar where I was feeling better, I didn't think about this site.

I'm cycling through again though so will likely be reading what's going on with others to try and gain insight on some solutions to help myself.

Btw, I laughed when I read your comment about chatting on here naked because no one is around. Too funny!

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 09:27:37 pm »
Hi, E.....That was the virtual meeting, just out of curiosity?  I'm not interested in attending, as I'm not bipolar.

When I was in Laughing like Crazy, virtually everyone in it was bipolar.

Peter

MDAO should announce on the front page that the online support group is open again.

Eazybreezy02

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 11:17:16 am »
Hi P, yes I've been in a few virtual meetings - one session in General Depression and Anxiety and a few in the BiPolar. That's really my only option as there are no in-person meetings available anywhere near where I live. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet...

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2022, 08:02:23 am »
MDAO needs to advertise the online support group somehow.

Peter

Lake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 01:47:45 pm »
I want to say thanks for this thread, even though it's from last year it shows somebody checks in here once in a long while!  I used to be on the previous MDAO forum but it appears all those posts are gone forever. Anyway I do recognize Rich and Pleeb as long time members, so hello to you and it's nice to read your posts  :)

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2023, 09:57:33 pm »
I keep forgetting to check in.

My "main" forum used to be Mood Garden....it's in the U.S., and about to close.  It used to be huge - it had 4-5 (?) moderators.

Lake, maybe I remember you......  I remember some of the people you mentioned.  BTW, I think Stenacron Man (sp.) goes by more than one nickname.  I think he was a fellow comic during the MDAO Laughing Like Crazy days......that's standup comedy by us "mentally interesting" people.

I went to an in person MDAO support group last year (?).  It was held in a room in the library just south of Yonge and Eglinton on the west side.

A health update with me - (old people (76) talking about their operations! ::))

I had skin cancer for the third time recently.  (25 or more years between the first and second "episodes").  I have had basal cell carcinoma - not so dangerous, but it has the habit of repeating sometimes....I'm an example.  The first two times:  laser treatment....only took minutes.
My recent time:  minor operation...local anesthetic.

Before the mini operation they told me to bring food, something to read...why?...because the operation takes 3-6 hours! :o :( :-\  They take slices of skin, and look at in under microscope in the next room....that's why it takes so long.  Then another slice of skin, and so on.  ("mohs surgery)

I was finished in 2 hours. ;)

Peter