Author Topic: Hi again, quarantine check-in and good wishes  (Read 13033 times)

HSG

• View Profile
Hi again, quarantine check-in and good wishes
« on: May 13, 2020, 10:08:28 pm »
Wow, my posting really dropped off a cliff on this forum, I don't know if that is a good or bad thing... job role changed, and all of a sudden its been 6 years.

I sincerely hope that everyone is doing well, or as well as can be expected given the circumstances. Been lots of growth for me over this time, I have been able to climb out of the deep depression I was in when I first joined this forum, with lots of help from multiple sources. I think one of the best things I've done is to learn from CBT about how my internal thoughts are generally tuned towards being pessimistic, and that even if I have a worst-case-disaster scenario generator constantly going off in my head, that I don't necessarily always need to listen to that voice, and that I can potentially listen to the optimistic voice too, and in reality the outcome will be somewhere between those two extremes. 

Not to say that life has been all sunshine and roses - I am a little worried that my pessimism has rubbed off on my kids somewhat, or at least my oldest, who struggles with emotional regulation (and has done so for some time). Been trying to work on helping him manage his emotions, but its been tough to do with both parents working and kids sort of left to watch TV or "do work" on laptops (which ends up being playing video games they find)... but trying not to beat myself up too much about that, there's really only so much that I can handle right now, and not a lot of time to beat myself up about things.

And trying to avoid the news whenever possible, as the president down south reminds me of the worst tendencies of my somewhat narcissistic father, and / or some of my previous bosses, which is a bit of a trigger for my own emotions. Definitely learning how to manage stress has been a big component to surviving this whole lockdown situation.

In any case, I am sending my best wishes to all of you, and can't promise I will necessarily be able to post regularly again, as I'm already like behind on 30 other things - but I do appreciate the previous friendships made on this forum, and hope that all of you are doing well.

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: Hi again, quarantine check-in and good wishes
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:46:56 am »
HSG, thanks for checking in!

I've been helped by CBT.  I haven't filled out any of the forms in ages.  :-[

...but you reminded me to.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 09:45:49 pm »
Hello HSG. I'm glad that the CBT course helped. Thx for the best wishes and the same to you.It's great to hear from you. Take Care. paul m

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 05:52:41 pm »
....and here we are, still in a pandemic.  I've been watching movies & TV shows, avoiding news, and going to store for exercise (i.e. going more often than I really need to).

Rich