Author Topic: Celebration of Life for Tom Smallwood  (Read 10318 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Celebration of Life for Tom Smallwood
« on: May 30, 2019, 06:46:15 pm »
(guess it's ok to post this here)

A Celebration in honour of the life of long-time Hope and Me volunteer Tom Smallwood will be taking place on Monday, June 3rd at the Northern District Library (40 Orchard View Blvd, Toronto, ON M4R 1B9) from 7 PM till 9 PM in the Gwen Liu Meeting Room (200).

Tom began volunteering with us in June of 1997 and proved to be an invaluable asset to the MDAO team for over 20 years. Tom was known by many for his unflinching work ethic, a profound sense of compassion, and unwavering dedication to the Hope and Me cause. He was eager to provide appropriate and meaningful resources to anyone who walked through our doors.

In 2016, Tom was the winner of the Karen Liberman “Lit From Within” volunteer award. Karen comments shared during the AGM that year “ Truly, I cannot think of a more deserving recipient than Tom. He epitomizes everything that this award for volunteerism stands for. Tom was there, quietly taking on his role as a calm, kind, caring friend on the telephone and in person.”

On June 3rd, we would love to have you join us with some of Tom’s family to commemorate the life of this exceptional man and his incalculably effective efforts at actualizing the Hope and Me vision.

I knew Tom, as did others around here.  My operation is around 4 that day....not sure if I can make it.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration of Life for Tom Smallwood
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:14:09 pm »
Hello Peter. Thx for Printing this. Tom was a good guy. Take Care. paulm