Author Topic: Update  (Read 10604 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Update
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:08:20 am »
Hey everyone  :)

Just wanted to give an update. Major life changes for me. I moved into an apartment on my own in July. Other than being a bit lonely and having some difficulty navigating the bus system it's going well. The fear that kept me in an abusive marriage for several years because I felt I wouldn't be able to get the basic necessities of life for myself turned out to be nothing more than fear.

How is everyone else doing?

Peace

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 11:00:10 pm »
Good for you for being on your own!

You'll feel better about yourself.  Congrats!

About being a bit lonely, that's to be expected.......at first....July wasn't THAT long ago.  I guess you've heard the usual advice about getting to know the neighbours, clubs and such?

I'm o.k......I was looking forward to doing a comedy show Oct 6 for World Mental Health Day, but I was sick, so I had to cancel.....(separate post)

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 10:34:09 am »
Hi Peace,
 I am glad that you are doing better. It sounds like you are feeling better about yourself. I have been thinking about you and how you are   doing.
Hi Peter, Hope you are feeling better.
I am doing quite well. I am excited. I am going to be an Oma (grandmother) again. My son and his partner are having a baby boy. Due date is supposed to be Feb. 14. The second name that they are giving him is after my deceased husband. I am very sentimental about this and feel very honored that they have chosen my husbands name.
I am going camping for the last time this year. It is for Thanksgiving and the campers have halloween there. We decorate the campsite and the kids dress up and go around around for candy. Even me and my daughters dress up. My son, partner and 3 kids are going. As for myself and my two daughters. We have turkey dinner there. It is a yearly tradition and is always fun.
I have been lonesome in the past. Now due to some circumstances my youngest daughter is staying with me about 80 percent of the time. She goes home on her days off to be with her sister to their place.
I cannot complain.
I hope everyone else is doing well.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 07:58:10 am »
Thanks Peter and Dragonfly  :) It really does feel good.

Dragonfly, congrats on the upcoming addition to your family  :D

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 10:36:35 pm »
Hello Peace. Glad to hear that you are doing better than you expected. I'm not doing too bad. My last CT Scan came back clear so that's a big plus. Like Dragonfly we are going camping for the long weekend. Take Care. paul m

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 12:53:56 pm »
Thanks so much, Paul  :)

Nice to hear from you, it's been a while. I was wondering how you are. Wonderful to hear your CT scan came back clear.

Hope you're enjoying camping!

Peace

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 02:18:32 pm »
Yeah....haven't heard from Paul for a while.

You might not hear from me for a while.   ;)  I got cable last week...haven't had cable in ages.

It's nice to hear voices in the background in my place - tv....instead of music.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 08:51:20 pm »
Hello Peter. Last yr we got cable for the first time in nearly 40 yrs. We don't watch much more tv than we did when we had only one channel. Not much good on in my opinion, but I seem to be in a minority LOL. We find that we use our DVD player more. You can even get movies free from the library. Anyways I hope that you find some good things to watch. I will admit that some shows on cable are worth watching.  Take Care. paul m P.S. I hope that you will find time to continue posting
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:53:12 pm by paulm »