Author Topic: I've Found OCD Treatment  (Read 8710 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
I've Found OCD Treatment
« on: October 10, 2017, 04:47:51 am »
Hello everyone  :)

You've all heard me talk about the lack of treatment for OCD. Well, I found treatment I can access!!   :D :D

This is where perseverance pays off. I may become dejected at times and think "why bother?", but a day or two later I'm back in the ring fighting. I emailed somewhere that had treatment, but online said I didn't qualify for due to boundaries, fully expecting the usual "we have nothing for you, try this place." Instead I got a reply about a residential OCD treatment program with a link to a partially completed website. I'm assuming the program is new since no once else I had spoken with were aware of it, and since the website wasn't complete. A short time later I received another email saying the website is complete.

I rushed the paperwork through, with the help of my psychiatrist, and within a month of my email being replied to I'm being accepted to treatment. The duration is 4 to 16 weeks, dependent on certain factors determined during treatment. Since it all happened so quickly I don't know if I'll be home weekends, and I don't know if I'll have online access.

I'll share the details of the treatment program upon my return, knowing how hard treatment is to find. This program is available to all Ontario residents.

Thanks so much for listening to me, offering me excellent advice, and just in general being here for me for many years. You're all wonderful!

Peace

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:49:40 am by Peace »

Stenacron man

• View Profile
Re: I've Found OCD Treatment
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:44:11 am »
great to know Peace keep me up to date

Buddy Mack.

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:39:53 am »
Will do, Buddy.

2 hours of assisted ERP in the morning, 2 hours of self-directed ERP in the afternoon, 2 hours of CBT and group discussion about our progress the remainder of the day.  :)

First day a success in that I was able to have lunch and dinner in the public cafeteria without the aid of lorazepam or any other coping method (sunglasses, iPod to drown out sounds),  and after dinner and a bit of alone time in my room I went to a public area to read some of the literature and do some homework. :)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 01:40:04 am »
Hello Peace. Good for you in finding a treatment. I know that you have looking for a long time.  Often the toughest and hardest thing about getting well is finding treatment in the first place. The second toughest is trying to follow through with it through all of our moods. Good Luck with it. Take Care. paul m