Author Topic: have been on the forum about my problems a great deal lately  (Read 12984 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
have been on the forum about my problems a great deal lately
« on: August 30, 2017, 11:17:59 am »
Hi everyone.

How is everyone doing. Are you and your wife all packed up for the move. Are you going to be living in the same vicinity as to where you have lived.

How is it going with you Peace, Stenacron man and Peter.

Sorry if I have left anyone out.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: have been on the forum about my problems a great deal lately
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:48:32 am »
Hello Dragonfly. We got an extension on our move date and have an extra 3 weeks to move, but I am on a first name basis with the guy at the local dump and the recycle guy really hates us lately LOL. It's amazing how much stuff you pick up in 31 yrs. I'm not to sentimental about possessions, but my wife is having a real hard time trying to decide what stuff to keep. As we are going from 1800 sq ft plus a full basement to 900 sq ft and no basement it has been a real chore trying to downsize. .

Yes we will still be in the same area, about 15 minutes away. Thx for asking and Take Care. paul m

p.s I say that you were camping a little while ago, I hope that it went well. We will be camping this weekend at Bronte Creek , we have never tried that park before.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 10:13:08 am »
Hi Paul,

I was looking at all the stuff my husband and I have collected over the years. Sometimes I wish that I could start over and have just what we needed and lived in an apartment after we just got married. Wouldn't it just be easy to have what you need when you go camping. We have come very materialistic.
As a suggestion to you and your wife. Someone told me to take pictures of things that may be sentimenal but not useful. That way you could remember them.

Actually Bronte Creek is about 15 minutes away from where we live. It is a very nice park. It has a beautiful pool if you like swimming. I believe you have to drive to the other side of the park. We have camped there before. It is a little too close for us to feel like we are getting away from home.

We may be going to Elora Gorge Conservation area the weekend after the long weekend to celebrate my son and daughters birthdays. It is still up in the air. It is very beautiful there. The gorge is stunning. The town of Elora is very close. It has some very unique stores. People come from all over the place to visit. Out of country. The gorge has tubing from I believe June to labor day. I haven't done it but my kids and grandchildren have and they love it. There is a very good restaurant in town. Very good food. Not too expensive. I believe it is called something like the Elora Gorge restaurant. My kids would know.

On Thanksgiving we are going on our usual campout with my family at Rockpoint Provincial Park very close to Dunnvile. They do Halloween that weekend. I think I have mentioned that before.

Good luck with sorting through stuff and your move. So glad that you have an extension. I suppose you are donating stuff. I do this all the time for the diabetic donation place.

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 10:18:08 am »
Actually Paul my oldest daughter and I went to Earl Rowe Provincial Park in the week we went together. It is very near Barrie. We had a very beautiful private spot. It is great for bicycling. Senic. It has a beautiful pool.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:01:22 pm »
Hello Dragonfly. Thx for the tip about pictures and for the best wishes on our move.  We stayed at Earl Rowe last yr , it's fairly close and we just wanted to get away overnight. Between the camp grounds and the day use area if you follow the river you usually can see salmon running about this time of yr.

I've been donating stuff to whoever will take it. Some of the younger kids in our neighbour hood have gotten knapsacks, camping equipment , duplicate tools, etc. Clothes and books have been going to the Salvation Army store and a few things we haven't figured out where they are going.  I know that I won't be having a yard sale as I hate having yard sales. If I put an item worth 50 bucks on sale for $5 bucks and somebody wants to haggle over 50 cents or a dollar I don't do well temper wise LOL.

I know that part of yards sales is supposed to be the fun of haggling over the price, but I hate haggling so I neither go to or have yard sales. On the other hand I have one son who thinks it's great to go out on a Saturday morning and haggle. To each their own LOL. I hope that you enjoy your next camping trip. Take Care. paul m

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 09:23:34 am »
Not ignoring, just having one of my not feeling very well days. On these days my OCD makes communicating much more time consuming and exhausting.

Will reply when I'm feeling better.

Miss you all.

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 06:07:36 am »
Paul, best wishes with the move. It's always a stressful time getting ready for to move, the actual move, unpacking and getting set up, then an adjustment period.

Dragonfly, have a wonderful time away with your family.  :) When you share your adventures it brings back fond memories of camping with my family growing up and the fun times I spent with my children when we owned a trailer.

I guess the big thing in my life is after years of searching I have found OCD treatment I can access. The referral is currently with my psychiatrist for him to complete and submit. After the referral is received I wait 3 to 6 weeks and hopefully will advance to a phone interview. Wish me luck!

My sister has taken a road trip to the east coast. She had been posting to Facebook and the day after a huge thunderstorm her last seen time disappeared from Facebook, meaning she hadn't been on Facebook for at least 24 hours. I started imagining her and her boyfriend had encountered bad weather and gotten into a fatal accident. My sister has gone away before and I haven't worried, I think the difference this time is we just lost our brother so unexpectedly, and out of a family of 6 there's only my sister and I left. My initial reaction was to message everyone she knows to find out if they had heard from her, but I didn't want to set off false panic. I had my daughter text her, and within a couple of hours my sister texted back that she was okay. I was SO relieved.

I'm currently planning a birthday gathering for my oldest daughter. She'll be 24 soon. Pizza, ice cream cake, and board games. Looking forward to that.

I still have a lot of fear of how I'll manage and where I'll live upon sale of our home next year. Rent is very expensive in my city and the choices are abysmal. Hopefully if I can get into the treatment I need I'll become stronger and better able to fight my fears.

Hoping to hear from Peter, Stenacron Man, and anyone else who may wish to join in.  :)

Peace

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 10:51:32 am »
Peace, I so glad you have found some help with your OCD. Hope you get that interview soon.

Peace I don't blame you for being worried about your sister. Especially after you have lost so many in your family. I was very worried about my kids and grandchildren after my husband died especially when I didn't hear from them.

Enjoy the birthday party.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 11:49:20 pm »
Hello Peace good luck with your referral. I also hope that you enjoy the birthday party. House sales and moving can be hectic and upsetting so I wish you the best of luck there too. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 12:27:11 am »
Hi, Dragonfly....Nothing wrong with "a great deal lately," by the way.

Today, my nurse practitioner discussed me seeing a therapist, which would be a Ph.D. psychology student from Ryerson (?).

My nurse practitioner/Dr. are at a clinic that is part of St. Michael's Hospital....it's also physically close to the hospital.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 11:32:28 pm »
Hello Peter.  I am only guessing here but I presume the student would be under a doctors supervision. Do you know if the Doctor would see you once in a while or just review the students notes. I'm just curious, I've worked with students before, but never for psychology problems and I jut wondered how it works. If you decide to go that way, keep us informed. Thx and Take Care. paul m