Author Topic: Life  (Read 9852 times)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Life
« on: June 27, 2017, 11:48:34 pm »
Hello Everyone. In general it's been a lousy June for me this yr. It's been wet and rainy and I can't get out as much as I need to and I can't do my canoeing that I love. High winds and lightening storms and canoeing just don't mix.  My internet is lousy, the place I've lived in for over 30 yrs has been sold and we have to move( I don't do change well).  There seems to have been a pile of minor things that seem to come all on the same day and not spread out where I can deal with them.

Today for example I found out that I have to move within 60 days, that my internet may be limited for up to 4 wks and that my mail box doesn't meet standards and that they want me to raise it up 3 inches. The last one isn't a problem I just hate dealing with bureaucratic B.S.  .I mean who has time to measure a mail box to see if it's 3 inches to short much less take the time to send out a notice about it. (I've only had the same mailbox for 30 yrs and now suddenly it's too short) Anyways, I didn't need all of that in one day. It tends to short circuit my brain.

Worse of all my younger brother, who was a pretty good guy, never drank or smoked, worked hard all of life, passed away last week after a very short battle with cancer.   

However in another way it's been a good June because 15 yrs ago I would have just crawled into a hole and  withered away for 6 mths or so or if in a manic state I would have said words to the post office that would have seen my mail being cut off completely.  I can't say that I'm in the most cheerful mood I've ever been in, but I also haven't sank into a deep depressive hole either or blown things out of proportion.

So while it sucks that all of these things are happening, it's great to able to deal with them.  Thx for listening. Take Care. paul m

Stenacron man

• View Profile
Re: Life
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 11:19:05 pm »
OK that is horrible I am truly sorry Paul you are far to nice for all that. And I am very sorry about your brother. I hope better days are near.

So if we don't hear from you that is likely no internet ?

Buddy Mack.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 01:44:09 am »
Hello Buddy Mack. Thx for your condolences. In regards to my internet. My provider is having a problem with providing me with (and others in my area) with consistent internet.  So some days I have none, some days limited, until they fix it will not be good.

If I go to a library or a friend's I have internet. Unfortunately they don't always keep the same hrs that I do and I hate using a friends internet anyways. So if you don't hear from me, it just probably means that I'm limited in my internet usage. Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »
Hi Paul,

I am so sorry about what you are going through. I so empathize about your younger brother. Hope things get better for you.

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 05:09:41 am »
Paul, I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts are with you and your family.

It's good to see that you can find a positive in all the crap you're dealing with. Very proud of how you're coping!

Peace

Stenacron man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 02:49:02 pm »
Wow Peace very proud of you  :D  you sound awesome, stable, and very organized  :D

Paul I know all to well lived in the middle of PA in late 90's on dial-up, if it dialed at all LOL.

Buddy Mack

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 05:27:35 am »
Paul, I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

I didn't realize you lived there that long!

take care....Peter