Author Topic: Couple of things on my mind  (Read 9894 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Couple of things on my mind
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:36:20 am »
Hi everyone  :)

Just wanted to converse with everyone since it's been a bit quiet here as of late and I miss you.

Currently on my mind:

My oldest daughter was away for college and returned home the 3rd week of April. She's been in a long distance relationship for around 4 years with a very nice young man in Alberta. She is starting a job on Tuesday, and has found an apartment that her boyfriend can move into with her as of June 1st. OCD makes change very hard. I adjusted to her going away for college, am adjusting to her being home again (I could never live with her permanently as her habits conflict with my need for neatness), then will be adjusting to the big step of her moving into her own apartment with her boyfriend in a very short time. Bit emotional about my "baby" leaving the nest, concerned about how she will "make it" without guaranteed full time employment and a boyfriend who is travelling here with no actual job, and how quickly all this is happening. Having said that, he does treat her well and I am happy that what they've waited 4 years for is coming to fruition.

Another thing that occurred recently that's having an impact on me is I phoned my friend of 21 years yesterday and she was at the hospital. Her oldest son has been admitted and will be having brain surgery. He's either 21 or 22.

My friend was too upset to talk, so I phoned another mutual friend, who gave me more details. The son didn't show up for work one day last week so co-workers went to his home. His truck was in the driveway, but there was no answer at the door. They called his brother, who called his dad. His dad left work to check, and found their son in his room in the basement.

The son had been having seizures and was out of it and fighting the ambulance attendants, so the fire department had to be called, and they were able to subdue him and take him to hospital.

Testing showed a brain tumour on the outer edge of his skull. Fortunately since it is on the outer edge, it is operable.

This really brings home to me the importance of those within our circle having contact information for others within our circle, and I wanted to pass that along. The thought of the son being alone in the basement with this makes me shudder, and I'm sure long term affects could be greater the longer he was alone for.

Thank you to all for being here for me to share with.

Peace

Stenacron man

• View Profile
Re: Couple of things on my mind
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:58:36 am »
WoW Peace for you that is a lot be dealing with and you sound solid and that your are handling it well so far. Sorry to here about that young man brain tumors they can cause very strange actions from the nicest people. Hopefully your daughters boy friend can find a job soon that will reduce the pressure.

I can't tell you are doing better than normal with this. Its the words you use, the order they are placed, and structurally how it was so well written. This situation caused the focus to not be on OCD is on other things that force you to shut down OCD to help were you are needed.

Nice Job  :)

Buddy Mack

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 01:14:34 am »
Hello Peace. I'm a little late with this, but I hope that things work out for your daughter. I can understand the worry that you must be having.

Also thx for reminding us that it's important to maintain contact with people. Take Care. paul m

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 08:06:25 am »
Thank you, Buddy Mack, for the compliments and words of encouragement. Very much appreciated!  :)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:07:37 am »
Thanks, Paul. Hope you enjoy your summer and can have some fun, peaceful days away with your family.

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:21:50 am »
Update:

My daughter's boyfriend is arriving next week and will be spending the week in my home before the actual move into the apartment.

My friends son had the surgery and was released from hospital two days later with 32 staples in his head. Test results should be in within two weeks of the surgery.

I'm actually battling my OCD right now by resisting the temptation to google the "correct" way to write the previous sentence. If I allow myself I could spend the entire day trying to figure out why we write two instead of 2, but don't write thirty-two instead of 32.  :P

Peace

Stenacron man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 02:14:33 pm »
The only things to worry about. Try to remain calm and relaxed. No worries about the sentence just enjoy that they are healthy and happy and on their way to starting a new life. I will pray that all works out for him.

Buddy Mack.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 04:52:50 pm »
Hi Peace, I haven't been on the forum for awhile.

You sound like such a good Mother Peace worrying about your daughter and her boyfriend.

I hope that your friends son is doing well.

I am a little short on words today.

Dragonfly