Author Topic: Feeling pressure - I'm 70 next week!  (Read 9772 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Feeling pressure - I'm 70 next week!
« on: June 01, 2017, 05:37:05 am »
It's my own pressure - no one has said:  "so next week is the big day, eh?" or similar.  I'm in a seniors' building - haven't told anyone yet - don't want a party.

70 SOUNDS a lot older than 69.  I have two older brothers, btw.  We have good genes - from the neck down!....no joke.

I look younger, despite grey and missing hair.

Birthday present to myself: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/88321?promo=search

We have a rowing machine in our tiny "gym" downstairs, but I'd rather have my own....I have a tiny apt, but that's o.k.

I've been doing yoga again, but it isn't so aerobic.....the rowing machine sure will be!

Peter

I'll fix the font next time.

Re party, my brothers and I except for one out of town (I have 4 brothers) celebrate our birthdays in a restaurant.....ever since our mother died 12 (?) years ago....maybe more.

I celebrate on my own with treats also - President's Choice Frozen Butterfly Shrimp!   ;D  and such.

Stenacron man

• View Profile
Re: Feeling pressure - I'm 70 next week!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:09:25 pm »
Well first off ---HAPPY BIRTHDAY  :D

It all just a number nothing to worry about. Your present to yourself is and excellent choice.

Have a great time with your brothers.

Buddy Mack.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:40:20 pm »
B, thanks...

Just a number.  When I wake up on my birthday, I'll look, feel exactly the same, of course.

Peter

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:46:56 am »
Have a wonderful birthday, Peter!  :) :)

Age is just a number. You are definitely young at heart and a very fun person.

Peace

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 12:08:22 am »
Hello Peter.  I'm glad that you and your siblings can gather and celebrate a birthday together.  In regards to your good genes only being from the neck down.  You seem pretty normal to me, but then I tend to think that I'm normal too and some of the people around me are not too sure about that LOL.

When I first met you, about 9-10 yrs ago( WOW that long ago, time really flies) you didn't look a day over 60 and the last time I saw you , you still didn't look a day over 60. You seemed to have stopped aging.  So I presume that is a good thing.

In regards to yoga and rowing machines, whenever I get low to the ground, I have trouble getting up again. The other day I changed a flat tire and then my wife had to use the car jack to get me up off of the ground LOL. So if you can even think about rowing machines and or yoga you are doing pretty good for a guy facing 69+.

I hope that you have a great birthday and that you have many more birthdays, I know that you have brought a lot of fun and laughter into this world with your jokes and hand outs and I have really appreciated that. Sometimes you have given me a laugh when I really needed one and for that I will always be grateful. Thx and Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 01:09:29 am »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, PAUL!

I'm 70 June 8.

Hey, my birthday cake is shaped like a coffin.  Is that the usual custom?

Peter  :o

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 05:48:17 am »
Happy 70th Peter.  That's not a cake Peter, wipe away all of the icing and you will see that it is a fold out coffin, new health regulations require that people over 70 sleep in one so that they can be just hauled directly to the cemetery LOL. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 03:19:52 pm »
Good one!   :o

P

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 04:44:38 pm »
Happy Birthday Peter,

I am not far behind you. In age is what I mean of course.

Have a great day with your brothers.

Good going with your rowing machine and your yoga.

Dragonfly    :-*