Author Topic: OCD  (Read 10346 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
OCD
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:53:46 pm »
I'm tormented.

In all of Ontario I found one hospital that treats OCD outpatient. Where I live I found one psychologist who claims to treat OCD who will charge me $215 per hour and is 3 buses away. He did not return my phone call requesting telephone or online therapy.

Has anyone with OCD found anything at all? An online support group? Anything. I'm desperate.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OCD
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 03:25:58 am »
Hello Peace. I didn't find much but in the USA there are several on line support groups and one phone in support group (no 1-800 ) .  They are    http://www.healthfulchat.org/ocd-chat-room.html   and   https://iocdf.org/supportgroups/online-and-phone-ocd-support-groups/     

I have no idea how good or bad these groups are. Take Care. paul m

Stenacron man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 02:16:10 pm »
HI Peace

I did a post about (OCD) and (OCPD) you need to read.

https://mooddisorders.ca/forum/index.php?topic=260.0

Treatment of (OCD) is directly reflected by direct treatment of (GAD) general anxiety disorder. In order stop,prevent, or limit (OCD) actions one must first right away as you wake up concur anxiety itself. For the first 10 minutes 95% of studied individuals indicated anxiety free, the brain wakes up slower than you think especially if medicated. The (OC) components of (OCD) are feed by anxiety first, an then beings the cycle that continuously repeats itself.

I Take diazepam 5 mg right after waking for this very same reason. Concurring Anxiety ASAP controls (OCD).

If you are desperate as you said, communicate with me I will talk to you everyday and try to help you. Stop spending money on things that do not help. Searching for something you have to pay for is not helping. True understanding will help you.

If you like I will be your online support group through private PM's i am (OCD) and (OCPD)

Buddy Mack.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:27:40 pm by Stenacron man »

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 05:14:32 am »
Thank you, Paul.

I've had some experience with healthfulchat.org. I hadn't yet checked out iocdf's website and really appreciate the link.  :)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 05:15:48 am »
Thank you, Buddy.  :)

I'm about to answer your message. Your offer to help is much appreciated.

Peace

Stenacron man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:39:50 pm »
Your are more than welcome Peace.

I hate seeing people in mental distress and unable to get or find clarity.

Buddy Mack.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 07:59:00 pm »
I do not really know how to offer help to you, Peace about OCD.  I do think of you often and hope that things will get better for you.

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 12:56:24 pm »
I'm sorry, Dragonfly for not replying sooner. I really do appreciate your kind thoughts.

Peace

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 07:46:31 pm »
Do not worry Peace. I don't always reply right away either.

Dragonfly