Author Topic: how is everyone doing?  (Read 10196 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
how is everyone doing?
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:57:50 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just wondering how everyone is doing. It is snowing here right now. I am looking at planning some camping trips. This helps a little to combat the winter time blues.
On the whole I am doing okay. Always thinking about my big kids- 35, 37 and 40 years old and my two grandchildren.
Always a joy to watch my grandson at hockey games (he is 7 yrs. old) and my granddaughter (10 yrs. old) and grandson at swimming lessons.
I guess I am just going with the flow of life. Sometimes you try to plan everything in your life. As I have found out that doesn't work. I guess that is okay.

Dragonfly

Stenacron man

• View Profile
Re: how is everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 06:39:22 pm »
I am doing good. Are you going camping soon ? today was a great day to be outdoors.

Buddy Mack.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 07:53:03 pm »
I am glad you are doing well Buddy Mack. My daughters and I start our camping in May when the weather is warmer.

Dragonfly

Stenacron man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:56:32 pm »
Glad to hear that. I have a permanent environmental campsite my son and I go to called ranger ridge. Here is a tour by video I filmed. Our lean-to is in the trees we are right in the heart of the jungle  of middle Ontario. I can't wait to get my DL back so we can drive up and camp again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z03bKfHUv2M&feature=youtu.be

Buddy Mack.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 12:20:58 am »
Hello Dragonfly.  The way provicial park campgrounds fill up so fast these days I find that I have to plan way too far in advance.  Still it's nice to get my thoughts out of the snow and into some sun and canoeing.  We currently have no kids or grandkids in hockey these days so we take in a few junior C games and that is pretty good (and cheap) entertainment.  Take Care. paul m  P.S. everytime I try and plan my life, real life comes along and interupts my careful planing LOL.

Hello Buddy Mack, nice video.  My days of hiking into anywhere and setting up camp are long behind me.  I do a lot of hiking and canoeing in the summer still, but I only carry in sandwiches and fluids these days.  The mattress that I need to sleep on is far too big to put in the canoe and too heavy to carry when hiking. LOL. Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:42:14 pm »
I really like your video Buddy Mack. I would like to show that to my big kids.

I agree it is very difficult to plan camping for Provincial Parks. We already plan in May for our weekend at Thanksgiving in a provincial park.
For other camping trips we usually end up going to conservation areas or private camps.

My days of sleeping in a tent are over. I don't know if what my family and I do is called real camping. I have a canoe. We haven't used it for awhile. It seems easier to rent one than trying to carry it on our camping trailers.

Dragonfly

Stenacron man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 02:08:33 pm »
Please show them our stenomena ranger program was a lot of fun and my boy learned how to improve the water conditions for the fish and insects, and make habitat for all different animals. I will post the stream reconstruction video we did 1/2 mile of stream restoration one rock at a time. We are on Crown land and both the MOE ans MNR know we are there and like our work.

I will pray you have great weather God has answered all my prayers this year or I would be died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPlBQCjO-mg

Buddy Mack.