Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 8834 times)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Happy New Year
« on: January 01, 2017, 04:25:02 am »
Happy New Year Everyone. I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do try and make a few hopes and wishes. In 2017 I hope that more ways can be found to bring people better health and if not better health the ability to feel happier. I hope that I can do what ever small part in that process that I can.

I hope that I can force myself to do my best everyday. Please note that doing my best everyday is just that. Doing my best on any given day. That best may not be as good as yesterdays best or even a yr agos best and it certainly isn't measured against anyone else's best. 

I wish that everyone can find the peace and happiness that I have. Not that my life has been any harder or easier than anyone else's and now that my mind is under semi control, my body is starting to show that it's well past it's best before date LOL.  However I have been lucky that I'm no longer in continuous mental pain and for that I'm thankful.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and all of the best for 2017. Take Care. paul m

Daniel F

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 02:52:46 pm »
Thanks for the positive wishes, Paul.

I'm reminded of something that my late Zaidy Ziggy (Zaidy = Jewish word for grandfather) used to say: "Make the best you can with what you have." My Zaidy Ziggy was a survivor of the Holocaust, and he has always been a source of inspiration and been one of my heroes, not just because he survived, but because of the life he built for himself after the war. I actually woke up this morning, feeling a bit lethargic/lazy, and was motivated by his memory and by reminding myself that I'm alive because he (and my other grandparents) survived and did their best to live their lives despite what they went through.

So, to echo your message, Paul, I wish everyone a happy 2017 and may we all "make the best we can with what we have."

Dragonfly

• View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:43:27 pm »
Happy New Year everyone,

Sometimes I am short on words. I wish everyone the best for the coming year.

Dragonfly