Author Topic: Christmas Preparations  (Read 8285 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Christmas Preparations
« on: December 19, 2016, 06:49:33 am »
Hello everyone,

Checking in to see how everyone is doing with their Christmas preparations, as well as to get an update on everyone's plans.

My social organization's in the office Christmas gathering is on the 22nd and I'm going to try to go. They also have one at a venue out of the office that I've been to in the past, but am too anxious to go to right now. Future goals.

Christmas Eve if I'm feeling well enough I'd like to go to candlelight communion with my daughter and her boyfriend, if they want to go. So far my daughter is on board. We usually open stockings Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day we'll have a nice breakfast, open gifts, and have the traditional Christmas dinner with turkey.

Boxing Day I'm going to be baking and preparing for going to my sister's next day. I'm taking a crackers and cheese plate, cookies, and carrot cake. I want to bake the carrot cake on Boxing Day. I have a recipe that turns out nice every time and is so moist I never make the cream cheese icing.

On the 27th my daughters, my daughter's boyfriend, and I will be attending the family gathering at my sister's place. My nephew, his wife, and their daughter (she's almost 2) will be there for the first time in years. They live in USA. Looking forward to that.

In previous years my sister would take me shopping and I would do some on my own at Shoppers Drug Mart and the Dollar Store (stocking stuffers) about a 10 to 15 minute walk from my home by going out once it was dark out on days I felt well. This year I did all my shopping on my own without my sister's help through walking to the mall after dark, and through online. Proud of myself for that.  :)

My daughter's boyfriend is flying in today at 6 PM and will be staying with us for 2 weeks. Bit anxious about that.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.  :)

Peace

Dragonfly

• View Profile
Re: Christmas Preparations
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »
Hi Peace,
 I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Your planning sounds really good.

I am going to my son's for Christmas Eve. My two daughters and two grandchildren will be there. We will be opening presents. My son's relationship with his girlfriend is in the early stages. She and her daughter will be having Christmas Eve with her family. Next year may be different if the relationship continues.

Christmas Day will be spent at my house with my two daughters.

I am not sure when but one day I will have the whole family over to my place including my son's girlfriend and daughter.

Not planning too much this year.

Dragonfly

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:35:31 am »
I am no where near ready for xmas. I do have some baking done. Have to take my son shopping so he can get his kids a gift. But as the way my life goes they sent all but less than 60 dollars of his cheque to hydro, even though he doesn't owe money they are working to fix it but you know how government work. So that is causing him a great amount of stress and making hash of the well order schedule that I had planned to get my own stuff done. But it is about spending time with family and we aren't really into gifts no pressure to find the perfect gift. You pick and I buy everyone wins. Missing my oldest son again for xmas hoping someday we will spend another xmas together as a whole family. But this year I have decided I won't let anyone throw water on my xmas my hubby is home for 10 days and that is a good thing.
 Congrats Peace I know how hard it can be for you to do somethings.
Hope everyone has a great holiday how ever you choose to spend the season.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 03:40:51 pm »
Thx for asking. I'm in my usual good holiday spirit, Feb will be a different story , but for now my moods are ok.  I've been fighting an unusual sinus infection , but my Doctor has been away for 2 wks and will not be back for another week and there is no way I'm going to the ER at this time of yr unless I get carried there.

Still I'll take a minor physical ailment over dark depression any day. So I'm thank ful. Take Care. paul m