Author Topic: OCD group  (Read 9197 times)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OCD group
« on: October 21, 2016, 11:32:14 pm »
Hello Everyone. The MDAO is having a group for people with OCD. Registration is required and it is held down town Toronto. I know the lady who is hosting it and she is very knowledgeable. For more info https://mooddisorders.ca/node/1187  or view the poster @  https://www.mooddisorders.ca/sites/mooddisorders.ca/files/factsheets/ocd_psychoed_peer_group_for_individuals_fall_2016.pdf   

I know that travelling to down town T.O. is a problem for many, but it is the Central LHIN that funds many(not all) of the MDAO's programs and that is where many have to be held. 

Each LHIN (Local Health Integrated Network and there are 14 in Ontario) decides what it will fund in an area. Unfortunately that can lead to problems with travel. For example in my area the local LHIN does fund the hospital to deal with serious lung problems so residents must travel up to 150 km to get it done. All the local hospital does is stabilize you and then send you off to Newmarket , over an hr away. Once you are on the way to recovery, they send you back to the local hospital, if follow up is needed they again send you to Newmarket via ambulance and then return you back via ambulance to the original hospital.  When my father was in the hospital because he developed a rare lung infection he was transported 6 times between hospitals.

Some how this is supposed to create better and cheaper health care, but it must be a Gov't accounting method that I don't understand. But alas I'm on my soap box again LOL.  Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
Re: OCD group
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 07:18:03 pm »
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the info.

Dragonfly

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 02:08:32 am »
I may look into it after my cold/whatever is better.

I don't have a diagnosis of OCD, but I have a habit of having obsessive thoughts...of berating people.  (internally berating)
For HOURS at a time.  Embarrassing.

Peter

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 02:11:53 am »
Paul, at first I thought you said Attention Deficit Disorder.  No diagnosis there either, and this is very mild, and not so bothersome.

If there was such a group, maybe not worth it to go there....  I lose track of movie plots, and often can't remember who's winning if I go to the odd Raptors game.
This is minor, as I don't see many movies/Raptors games.

Peter

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 06:54:50 pm »
Shoot. My primary diagnosis is severe OCD and it's impossible to get help for it where I live. I'd love to attend this group, but don't have a means to get there.  :(