Author Topic: Ready for Halloween?  (Read 9828 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Ready for Halloween?
« on: October 11, 2016, 12:52:43 am »
Ready for Halloween?  :o

I am!

I don't dress up/go out, but I have lotta decorations in my apt, on my door.

I gave plastic rings:  skulls, bats etc. to a lot of people: people in my building, (usually female) cashiers, receptionists, people in dentist's office. Sometimes strangers on the bus/their kids.
I have realistic plastic maggots too! I've had them for years, as not many "takers" for maggots, alas! Sad

I get a big kick out of this!

Peter B. (the "B." stands for "Boo!")

We can now attach pictures, or send personal messages?

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:27:49 am »
Hey Peter  :)

We decorated and shelled out for years, but in our neighbourhood the houses aren't close together so the kids go to other streets where they can cover more territory in less time. We got between 5 and 10 kids each year, so last year was the first year we decided to stop shelling out.

I used to love buying different candy and making treat bags for the kids. Halloween is my oldest daughter's favourite holiday so when she returned to post-secondary after being home for Thanksgiving she took decorations back with her to celebrate.

Happy for you for having so much fun!  :)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 04:18:41 am »
Hello Peter.When we took our kids around we did it in our old neighborhood 10-15 places and it always seemed that our kids got more than enough.

Nobody has came by our place in years, not enough houses. They tend to go into the suburbs and make a killing on candy etc. I'm not sure what the parents are trying to teach them by doing this, but telling your kid "it'
s ok, let's go bother a lot of strangers so we can load up on un healthy snacks" ,wouldn't be on my list of good parenting skills.

But I digress, I'm glad that you take the Halloween spirit for what it is, an opportunity to have a good time. Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 07:15:39 pm »
Hi Peter,
My family and I go on an annual camping trip to a provincial park on Thanksgiving. People decorate their sites for Halloween. Kids and some adults dress up. The kids (little kids accompanied by parents) go around to the campsites and get candy. My two grandchildren go around. My granddaughter was an Indian and my grandson a wolf. My 2 daughters and I actually dressed up too.
My youngest daughter absolutely loves Halloween. I do too. She has many decorations that we put up.

Last year I didn't hand out candy in my neighbourhood. For a long time there were hardly any kids. Now the neighbourhood is changing. Young families are moving in. Some of the older people in the neighbourhood have moved to apartments and some have passed away. This year I will be handing out candy.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 10:36:59 pm »
Hello Dragonfly. That would be great to do that with the grand kid(s). I think that adults should enjoy Halloween as much as the kids.

We were at a provincial park as well for Thanksgiving but there was neither tricks nor treats , but it was cold.  I'm glad that you enjoyed your weekend (we did too despite the cold) Take Care. paul m

Hello Peter,   In regards to personal messages(PM's) etc .I'm sorry that I didn't notice your question before. We've always been able to send PM's since the new forum started and attachments too, but I don't know about pictures. I can find out if you like. 

I hope that you enjoy your Halloween.  Take Care. paul m

Daniel F

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 09:01:33 pm »
Hey Peter, I think we can add pictures using the little image of a picture "insert image" icon above the top left of the message box (you have to upload the image somewhere, for example a free image upload site lime imgur.com, and then put the URL between the two bracketed img boxes. Alternatively, you can attach small files (including images) to your post using the "Attach" feature below the message box.

I have attempted to do both with this post (hopefully successfully)...does the ring look familiar Peter?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:05:39 pm by Daniel F »

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 02:02:30 am »
LOL! The ring looks familiar!  I have to go to It's My Party on the Danforth to get more.

Halloween tip - It's My Party has a famous gory window display.

Thanksgiving camping sounds good.

Peter