Author Topic: How is everyone doing this summer?  (Read 11734 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
How is everyone doing this summer?
« on: July 19, 2016, 10:20:13 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just hoping everyone is doing as well as expected.

In the last while I have had some very unpleasant things happen. I am not going to go into it. I have my three kids and my 2 grandchildren. That is what counts.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How is everyone doing this summer?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:08:39 am »
Hello Dragonfly. Sorry to hear that unpleasant things have been happening to you. My summer is about the same as last summer, a  constant struggle between various physical, mental and financial problems, but overall my spirits are good and I'm trying my best to enjoy this summer. Take Care. paul m

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:43:32 am »
Hi everyone  :)

Hugs, Dragonfly. Very sorry to hear about your struggles. Hoping things will even out for you, and we're here if you need us.

Paul, I've always admired your determination.

I'm carrying on as usual. I've been walking sometimes 2 times a day, which I find helps my mood. It's the oddest thing for me like clockwork. Feeling horrible one day to the point of not being able to eat, then the next day I can function and get things accomplished. It's good to recognize this pattern because I try to tell myself on the days I don't feel good to not over-react and the next day will be better.

Peace

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 01:54:03 am »
Hi, guys......I seem to be doing better since I switched to Cymbalta from Cipralex....still staying on the Wellbutrin.  I mentioned this on another thread.

A recent highlight was FINALLY  :-\ setting up my new (refurbished desktop).  I'm too embarrassed to admit how long I've been putting this off.  I think I now have to pay for Windows 10 because I missed the deadline.

I had been "temporarily" using my dumb laptop.

Now I have a desktop with a giant monitor again.

Means a lot, as I'm on the internet a lot.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 03:26:24 am »
Hello Peter. I wouldn't be in any rush to pay for windows 10. I find it different that windows 7, but no better and some aspects are worse. If I had to do it over again I would not have down loaded 10, perhaps it's because my computer is older, but I find that all windows 10 did was slow my computer down. I'm also having problems with having too many things running at once that I don't seem to be able to shut down. Like the weather, MSN, etc Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 10:26:16 am »
Hi Peter,
I agree with Paul about not rushing to get Windows 10. He told me it would be a learning experience to navigate Windows 10. I am sticking with Windows 7. I am comfortable with that.

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:27:57 am »
I forgot to say that someone experienced with Windows 10 told me it would be like a Greek language if I changed from Windows 7 to 10.

Dragonfly

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 01:04:13 pm »
I did write a longer post awhile ago but my internet is in and out due to the trees out front and just as I hit post it went down and I lost it. It is lovely and warm but my garden is having a hard time with all the heat so not as much produce as I would like. Not looking forward to winter I know it is coming and I am a summer girl

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 04:22:41 am »
Hi, guys....Maybe we HAVE TO change to Windows 10?  Maybe the other Windows won't work in the future?
If I only had a Mac!

My brother has a desktop, but uses Linux....not sure how complicated that makes things.

Peter

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 04:29:20 am »
Re this summer, I went to the CNE for the first time in ages.  I was embarrassed to go by myself - I'll bump into people.....

I've never been embarrassed to do things by myself, but the Ex is different to me, I guess.

I wanted to go twice, but didn't go around to it.  I was curious about the bbq'd turkey drumsticks for $18!!!!!!, just out of curiosity.

I kinda had a date  :-* (for a change) with someone in my building, and almost another one  :-* - takes too long to explain.  I'm in a seniors' apartment building.

Re "dating" and other things I should be doing, I should be monitored, or check in with someone....for I could procrastinate on things FOREVER.

I no longer see a psychiatrist the last 3-4 years or so.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 02:18:44 am »
Hello Everyone. In regards to windows 7 vs windows 10. I don't know how long that windows 7 will continue to be supported and that may be a factor in switching. However I have been doing some volunteer stuff on a regular basis on another charities computer and it still runs on windows 7. 

Know that i am used to windows 10 on my own computer I can honestly say that I still prefer windows 7.  Many of the up graded features of the 10 version will not work on my computer (like touch screen and voice commands). To get full use of windows 10 I would have to up grade my computer and there are some features that I still do not like, for example I still cannot find out how to turn on my internal speakers. External speakers and head set no problem. It's a variety of annoying little things like that annoy me about windows 10.

I know with every new operating system there is a learning curve, but with an older computer this one seems harder than it should be.(or maybe I'm just older LOL)

In regards to procrastinating, I can do that forever myself, so you are not alone there(note to self, return Peters email) . In regards to the EX, I was never a big fan, too crowded and the exit gates too far away.

In regards to dating, well your on your own there, I'm not allowed to date (nor do I want top)  After 40 yrs of marriage and having not formally dated anyone but my wife since 1974, I'm sure that any advice that I might have would be out of date LOL.  Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 04:21:42 am »
Paul, I don't need advice about meeting a date's parents.... ;D

How am I doing? Very fluish. (Got a flu shot yesterday.)

When I say "fluish," I mean cold symptoms and feverish (but no fever).  The cold symptoms go away, but I still feel feverish for a few days.  I've had this lots of times.

Maybe this is a "viral infection" - maybe I've never had the flu.

Peter