Author Topic: Shy Bladder Syndrome Workshop  (Read 8476 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Shy Bladder Syndrome Workshop
« on: April 27, 2016, 01:02:57 am »
Hi, going to shy bladder syndrome (paruresis) workshop in Toronto at the end of May.....if they get enough participants.
http://paruresis.org/

Can't use urinals.  This started in high school....not sure why - because of extreme nervousness/performance anxiety?

I hate it.

Nothing to do with modesty, nudity in my case.  I would gladly go to a nude beach and such, BUT, I had skin cancer (not a big deal - the mild kind) years ago.  If I went, I would wear a giant white sheet with eye holes cut out.   8) I also have light sensitive eyes.

The IPA has women members.....separate workshops, I guess.

Peter

Ironic that I sometimes go by "Pee," as many people call me "Pee Bee." ;)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: Shy Bladder Syndrome Workshop
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 01:17:35 am »
Hey, do I sense doubt that this has nothing to do with nudity/modesty?   :(

I'll prove it to you all!

Meet me on Thursday at the north east corner of Yonge and Bloor, Toronto.  Noon.

I'll wear nothing but glasses, flip flops and sunscreen.  I'll show you guys!  :o

Peter  "I Don't Need No Body Double" P.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 12:03:17 am »
Hello Peter.  I won't be there. I believe that it is supposed to be sunny at noon and I haven't bought a new pair of sunglasses yet. I don't think my eyes would stand the strain of the reflected sun that would come off of the body of a white man who has been indoors all winter LOL. 

In regards to being unable to use a urinal, I know of a few people that have that problem. In fact I know a few people who can't use a public washroom at all. I'm sure that must be a real problem at times. Take Care paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 04:32:56 am »
I ended up not going.  :-[  Missed the first session due to lack of sleep.

Thought (wrongly?) I may as well not go to the 2 other sessions.

Peter