Author Topic: has any one else heard about a shortage  (Read 7716 times)

momfellinglost

• View Profile
has any one else heard about a shortage
« on: April 22, 2016, 12:14:51 pm »
 My son who takes a large dose of serquil(sorry I know it isn't spelled right) and that he will need to change his meds. He is worried as it has always worked well for him. He is also worried about the switch and how it may effect his well being. Any one who can give me some tips and things to watch for. his family doc it great and easy to get into to see if he has problems but like all things sometimes the people who are effected are often the last to see how their meds are working or not. Thanks

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: has any one else heard about a shortage
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 02:38:00 pm »
Hello Momfeelinglost. If your question is "is there is shortage of seroquel? " then the answer is no there is not a shortage. I researched it on line and then I phoned my own pharmacist and asked him. He looked it up and said that there appeared to be a lot at his supplier and there were no warnings about shortages etc. (which is why I deal with Guardian drug stores, they are always willing to talk with me). Below I have included direct phone lines that you can phone direct and inquire directly and see if there is any shortage. 

If I have misinterpreted your question please let me know and I can provide you with some hints.  However I will wait until you find out if it's  just his doctor being mistaken about availability or the doc just wants to change your sons meds. Take Care. Paul M p.s. I worry about changing meds too.

Seroquel is made in Canada by and you can call them direct.
AstraZeneca Canada 1-800-668-6000

Quetiapine fumarate tablets are the generic version of seroquel and there are at least 4+ companies making it in Canada, I have included only 2

Auropharma.    Customer Service
1-855-568-2511   

Apotex National Customer Service

Tel: 1-877-427-6839
Fax: 1-800-665-2854 Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET

momfellinglost

• View Profile
Re: has any one else heard about a shortage
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:43:52 am »
Thanks for the answer Paul. I may have gotten the drug name wrong and I am going to check. Thanks