Author Topic: Hugs and Extra Support Needed  (Read 8751 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Hugs and Extra Support Needed
« on: January 15, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »
An example of my ex-spouse: My youngest daughter brought home her graduation photo. The cost was $35 plus tax and delivery fee for one photo. My ex-spouse said to me "can you cover it, I'm tapped out". I hesitated because he has ripped me off financially over and over. I spoke to my sister and she said this is a special memory for her, cover it, so I did. Since then he's spent a ton of money. I said "I thought you were tapped out". His reply was "you must have misunderstood what I said". I am 100% positive of what he said.

I say ex-spouse because even though we haven't gone through the official separation procedures, we aren't living together as man and wife. He likes to say to me "we aren't really in a relationship".

He made some proposals to me. I sent them to my brother and sister. They both said the options are very one-sided, favouring him.

I've been trying since the end of August to get some help so I'm able to live independently. I'm exhausted from it, and sadly no further ahead. The mental health system is extremely flawed.

I am still seaching for a lawyer. The search for help to live independently put that on a back burner. The OCD is making it take longer than it would otherwise.

I need help to stay strong.

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: Hugs and Extra Support Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:36:15 am »
Hi, Peace.....Sending hugs your way!  :)  Sorry to hear about that stuff. 

Conferring with brother and sister is a good idea.

take care, Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:28:35 am »
Peace,  I am sorry that you are going through such a hard time. I support you.

Thinking of you.

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:51:02 am »
Thank you Peter and Dragonfly  :) It means so much!

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:21 pm »
Hello Peace. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time. I hope that things improve for you. Take Care. Paul M

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:19:37 am »
Thank you so much, Paul. Not too long ago you mentioned you were struggling a bit. I hope you are feeling better.

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 01:38:24 pm »
I am sorry that he is acting like this. Sending you extra big hugs. People can be so cruel to each other when splitting up. My brother and his wife split a couple of years ago and he is living with me due to money issues. He found out that she pawned his wedding ring from his first spouse who has passed away. The ring was to go to their son. He is very upset. She has also tried to get him arrested for stealing things by lying about stuff. He is so afraid of her that if he sees her he will turn his car around and go the other way due to her being willing to say anything to get her way. . I didn't mean to highjack your post but it helps to know other people are just as bad, some how it makes me feel better that my family isn't the only one with these kinds of things I hope you can find a lawyer soon and be able to move forward

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 08:07:47 am »
I'm so sorry Mom for what your brothers ex-wife did. Sounds like she did it out of spite for him. You're right, people can be awful.

Mine wants the wedding dishes my father gave us as a wedding present. Over the years I've been convinced to get rid of a lot of things that had sentimental value to me. I have so little now in the way of keepsakes. I'm just floored that he would fight me over something so special to me as the dishes. Legally he's entitled to half of them, but if the roles were reversed I would just automatically tell him they were his to keep.

Thank you for the words of support, they mean so much.