Author Topic: Saw inexpensive SAD lamp...  (Read 8901 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Saw inexpensive SAD lamp...
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:32:05 am »
Saw an inexpensive, small SAD lamp at Shoppers.  I forget the price....not sure how good it is.

I have a more expensive one from Shoppers, but from the stores that are attached to Shoppers that sell crutches and such...  I don't really use it.

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
Re: Saw inexpensive SAD lamp...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:09:46 pm »
Hi Peter,

I used mine for a number of seasons and then quit. It didn't seem to make any difference to me.

Dragonfly  :-*

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:41:24 pm »
Hello Peter. With fall coming on, now was a good time to bring up this topic. I haven't had much luck with SAD lamps either, but I know people that have. The lamp that I most often see recommended is through http://northernlighttechnologies.ca/product/sadelite-desk-lamp/       . The company has been around for a long time and sells direct with free shipping and most of their products come with a 7 yr warranty.  Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 04:23:06 pm »
tx....I look to see what kind I have.

P

GrizzlyMantooth

• just trying to find a balance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 02:15:33 pm »
i got a verilux brand light at bed bath and beyond downtown for 90 dollars and i've had it for a month now. not sure with the depression stuff but it sure helps me wake up and be alert when i crash in the afternoons.
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you dance with a goat" - Andrew Solomon

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 01:01:57 am »
Hello GrizzlyMantooth.  Thx for posting another product name. Verilux has been around for a long time and sell a lot of products that are cheaper than Northern Lights. Each product has it's own pluses and minuses. Let us know how you make out with the Verilux product.   Take Care. paul m