Author Topic: how is everyone doing  (Read 8145 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
how is everyone doing
« on: October 22, 2015, 08:41:35 am »
Hi everyone,

How are you doing Peace, Paul, LuckyLou, GrizzlyMantooth, Soozan and Rich, Peter, Daniel. Sorry if I have forgotten anyone. My mind is not as sharp as it used to be.

I am doing okay. I enjoy my son living with me and my grandchildren when they come. It does tire me out. It is worth it though.

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Re: how is everyone doing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 10:47:41 am »
Hi Dragonfly and everyone  :)

I think it's great your son can live with you, Dragonfly. Think of the situation he'd be in if he couldn't for whatever reason. Having to pay child support and rent as well would be very hard for him. He's very lucky to have you.

I'm struggling with my illness, but also the marital breakdown. More that's there's so many details to take care of, but also how I'll manage on my own. Due to the OCD my thoughts are usually clear one day, then jumbled the next. Thankful for the clear days.

Loving the current weather and time of the year.

Peace

GrizzlyMantooth

• just trying to find a balance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:18 pm »
I've been okay...last couple weeks have been hectic, moods up and down all the time, been getting less and less done...today was only able to get stuff done in 10 minute intervals, but at least I got those 10 minutes once and awhile!
I spent too much money on books recently so I'm feeling guilty about that, as I binged a little more than I should have...have to learn to forgive and forget with myself better. Any one have any tips for that?

Hope everyone is doing well or at least hanging in there...
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you dance with a goat" - Andrew Solomon

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 11:44:51 pm »
I'm ok.....My very shy cat is warming up to me more.

Taking a Toronto Bd of Education "repair your computer" course.  Not a big deal - maybe I have slight undiagnosed Attention Deficit Disorder, as I can't always grasp things.  Not worth seeing a Dr. about.

We have very casual tests in this course - no passing or failing.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 04:43:16 am »
Hello Dragonfly. I had an interesting, refreshing, but exhausting week. I meet some great new people, attended a support group that I had never been to and worked with a few others to help to improve our mental health community .

Meeting new people,especially someone who also posts on this forum, is always invigorating for me as it makes me realize that I'm not alone in my struggles. So it was a win win week for me. Hopeful that trend will continue, but I know that I'm being a little optimistic on that as winter is approaching and with it, much less light and the opportunity to get outside.

Also, while I had a great week, I spent it primarily sitting on my butt talking to people and getting little exercise. I know that I will pay for that. However for now, I'm pretty good.

I hope that things go well for you, your son and your granddaughters. Take Care. paul m