Author Topic: Gov't Appointing Patient Ombudsman - Important Survey  (Read 6795 times)

NeitherHereNorThere

• ...don't let me get me...
    • View Profile
Gov't Appointing Patient Ombudsman - Important Survey
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:49:55 am »
Hi all,

There is an important survey found at the website below.  I intended to add the link but I'm not sure if it worked.  The deadline for this survey is August 31st, 2015.

[www.ontario.ca/form/patient-ombudsman-share-your-feedback]

The government is appointing a Patient Ombudsman to help patients and their caregivers ensure their voices are heard, when it comes to patient care at a hospital, long-term care home or Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).

The work of the Patient Ombudsman will complement the work of other existing organizations in the health system that handle complaints, including the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Health Services Appeal and Review Board.

The Patient Ombudsman will work directly with patients and health sector organizations to facilitate the resolution of complaints that have not been resolved by existing patient relations processes. He or she will also have the power to conduct investigations, either in response to complaints or on his or her own initiative.

The government is looking for input on what qualities Ontarians feel are most important in their Patient Ombudsman, particularly his or her:
•personality traits
•skills
•experience

I strongly encourage everyone to at least read the information provided and hope that we can all take a moment to fill out the survey.

[www.ontario.ca/form/patient-ombudsman-share-your-feedback]

Thanks everyone.

Take good care!

If you can't handle it when I'm at my worst, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my best.