Author Topic: Ever thought of taking a self-defense course?  (Read 7506 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Ever thought of taking a self-defense course?
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:28:41 pm »
(this question has nothing to do with MH or being a "Moodie.")

Took judo in Grade 7 - doesn't count.

If I had extra $, I would take maybe Krav Maga - it was invented by a Jewish guy in Bratislava (?) who was sick of anti Semitic thugs. (years ago)

I believe it's used by the Israeli (and Russian?) armed forces? It's a combination of other martial arts.

There are other Russian self defence methods........I forget the names.

Why am I interested? - I'm old (68), in a dumpy neighbourhood, fitness, the world is more and more dangerous.  Exercise.....confidence.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ever thought of taking a self-defense course?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:51:29 am »
Hello Peter. If you feel that taking a self defense course would help you, by all means take one.  I'm not sure that I could bend enough these days to judo LOL.

I have came across an interesting websites (and there are lots dealing with seniors and self defense) . http://seniors.lovetoknow.com/Self_Defense_for_Seniors   .  Take Care. paul m

GrizzlyMantooth

• just trying to find a balance
    • View Profile
Re: Ever thought of taking a self-defense course?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 04:20:03 pm »
I'd love to do some kind of self-defense to feel more empowered and self-confident but everything is always at a cost these days. If you find anything on the cheaper end in Toronto I'd love to hear about it.
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you dance with a goat" - Andrew Solomon