Author Topic: a few laughs(maybe)  (Read 11835 times)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
a few laughs(maybe)
« on: June 23, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »
Here are hopefully a few smiles to get everyone started on the summer with a smile. (or a groan with a few of the following)

I broke up with my gym membership last week, we just weren't working out.

Sometimes I wonder why I exist, then I remember that I breath out Carbon Dioxide, which trees need to exist. Hay I have a use after all!

Sometimes I try counting sheep when I can't sleep. Unfortunately having bipolar sometimes mean that I have a little trouble concentrating. I tend to start off fine: 1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, I wonder how much a wool sweater costs, maybe I'll look tomorrow when I go shopping,  tomorrow is Wednesday, I'll be have way through this miserable week,  man this has been a bad week,  I wonder why I can't sleep,  maybe I'll try counting sheep.  (try explaining that to your shrink LOL)

Over the yrs I've learn't that my wife saying " I'm not mad at you" is like the dentist saying "you won't feel a thing".

What did Shakespeare say when he was shopping for toilet paper. " 2 ply or not to ply, that is the question".

I'm just learning how to text. My son hasn't been to dinner for a while so I sent him the following text. When are you coming to dinner, w.t.f. !!! He phoned upset. I didn't understand why until he told me that wtf, doesn't mean Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

Please feel free to add a few good jokes . Take Care. Paul M

momfellinglost

• View Profile
Re: a few laughs(maybe)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 02:33:48 pm »
Oh Paul I wish I had your wit but I will think upon this and see what I can come up with love this post hope there are lots of replies it made me smile

Iambluetoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:30:50 pm »
Thanks for the Laughs, Paul. Some great ones there.

GrizzlyMantooth

• just trying to find a balance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 10:42:34 pm »
I'm never going to be able to buy toilet paper in silence...an eloquent soliloquy will follow, and people will stare haha
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you dance with a goat" - Andrew Solomon

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 12:48:56 am »
Good ones!

End of July or so, there will be a Laughing like Crazy show at Toronto Central YMCA auditorium.
Usually, free admission, but you have to reserve seats online.

I'll be one of the "veterans" doing some warm up jokes before the show.

On second thought, there is no free admission.  The admission is 3 verifiable phone numbers of 68 year old (my age) women with glasses (my fetish).  That way I can better test the aphrodisiac abilities of Wellbutrin.  :-*

Peter :o

GrizzlyMantooth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 12:50:57 am »
is that the one at grosvenor and yonge?
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you dance with a goat" - Andrew Solomon

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »
Yes....maybe a sidestreet or so south of Grosvenor?....I forget.

Peter

GrizzlyMantooth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 06:16:45 pm »
awesome! I live one street south on Wood st. so I am 5 minute walk away. Let us know when the reservations for tickets are up.

GrizzlyMantooth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »
the link is up now to book tickets for the comedy event this month. Booked my tickets, looking forward to it!

https://mooddisorders.ca/event/laughing-like-crazy-comedy-showcase-july-2015

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:28:41 am »
I would love to go, but I'm having some minor surgery done that morning and I would fit in. I do hope that others from the area go. Take Care. paul m

NeitherHereNorThere

• ...don't let me get me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »
Hi paulm,

Great laughs, thank you.

I identify with "Sometimes I try counting sheep.........."  LOL.  I have a lot of humerous stories but I can't retell them in a way that anyone will understand how hilarious they were.  If I had a dime for every time I finished my stories with "okay, maybe you had to be there", I'd be rich!

Take good care,
If you can't handle it when I'm at my worst, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my best.