Author Topic: getting a cat tomorrow.....my first one  (Read 10260 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
getting a cat tomorrow.....my first one
« on: May 17, 2015, 11:06:26 pm »
Right side of page, half way down....Peshawna.

I wanted a middle-aged cat....they're "on the shelf" a long time.

Lots of their cats have ailments!!! Sheesh......litterbox problems etc....mine had minor stuff.

I'll build a little fort for him to hang around in at first.....since he'll be scared.

This is life changing!

Peter

No shortage of toys around here....looking for small toy robots......7 dollars each. From the Source (formerly Radio Shack)

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/adopt-a-pet/cats

Peshawana.....right side of page, halfway down.....this will be take off the site soon

bounce cheers

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
Re: getting a cat tomorrow.....my first one
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 11:54:05 pm »
Congratulations Peter!

He is beautiful! I hope you enjoy each other a good long while. Good for you for getting an older cat, like you say, they are usually the last to be adopted!

- Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »
S, I had only seen him lying down, so I didn't realize how huuuge he is....big boned.

Took him home....put him in his little box "fort" that I mad.....seems ok.

I go to washroom, and he's gone!. :(......hiding.  I looked everywhere but behind fridge....hard to move.

At the Humane Society, they wouldn't give me the usual cardboard carrier....he'll fall through.... ::)

Hardly meows.,...maybe still stressed out.

Peter

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:02:31 pm »
He will probably hide for a few days but will come out ... the profile did say that he was reserved.... give it time Peter :)

He will come around :)

Good Luck!
- Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 03:55:16 pm »
Progress:

When I got up, he was walking towards me.....to hide under the bed!   ;D

He peed and ate.....must've been when I was sleeping.

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 09:57:04 pm »
Hi Peter,

Good going Peter for getting a cat. I so wanted to see a picture of your cat. I was on holidays so his picture was probably taken off.

You and your cat have to get used to each other. His surroundings are new. He will check things out.

I am sure the two of you will be fine. I have a female cat, Cindal and a male cat, Wicket. Named after the ewok movie. My male cat is very vocal. My female cat hardly ever meows. Each cat has such a different personality. They are both so lovable.

Each cat has their own favorite toys. Cindal, my female cat is more playful. She is more outgoing with people. Wicket takes awhile before he sidals up to people.

Have fun with your cat. They are great friends.

Dragonfly  :-*

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 04:01:08 pm »
Sorry I missed being able to see his pic on the website. Hope that now that the two of you have had time to get used to each other he has lost some of his fear about being in his new furever home and I am sure he is pawsavitly thrilled to be living with you. Congrats on getting a new roommate for the next forever. I am sure you will have fun. And remember cats are like kids buy them all the toys in the world and they will play with the box.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 10:50:03 pm »
Good Luck with your cat Peter. I'm not a cat person, although we have cats for all 38 yrs of our marriage, so I've gotten used to the cute little things. They each have their own temperament, but eventually they all become attached to a person or persons in the house. Take Care. paul m

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 06:56:51 am »
So sad I missed seeing his picture. I can tell he'll be very well cared for, and you'll be playing with him and building his things to make his life fun.  :) Our male cat was very reserved when we first got him. We were ecstatic the first time he sat on one of our laps. Now he's our teddy bear cat. Enjoy!