Author Topic: Which meow should I adopt?  (Read 33097 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: Which meow should I adopt?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 01:27:32 am »
Update:  He's warming up even more, but still skittish, if I step near him when he's eating....and similar.

After the vet visit, he kept a low profile for a couple of days.  Must've been stressful for him.

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 10:43:08 pm »
Cats certainly don't like the vet. Glad he is getting more used to you and warming up.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 09:37:34 pm »
Hello Peter. I hate going to the doctor too LOL. Most cats area little skittish after they have a trip to the vet. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 02:55:29 am »
I have to take him to the vet to get weighed again.  His dry food is "weight loss," but not his wet food....if there is such a thing.

I'm too much of a pussy  ;D to limit his food like I'm supposed to.  He doesn't get much exercise.  If I had a cat tower.....but my apt is tiny....he would get exercise going up and down it.

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 10:35:03 am »
Hi Peter,

My family made the mistake of feeding our first two cats people food. They both developed diabetes. That was a big mistake and I feel so badly about it.

I don't feed the two cats that I have now any people food. They only get dry food. They are very healthy on it.

I bought a cat tower for the cats and it is one of the best things I bought for them. They use it constantly and use it as a scratch post which it is also meant for. Could you get a small version of one?

Dragonfly

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 11:53:05 pm »
Hi, D.....My apt is tiny, and my overweight cat may have trouble climbing a tower.

He's never had people food - he stares at me when I eat, but doesn't beg like lotsa cats and dogs.

My cat uses the side of my (ancient) mattress to scratch on, not his post.  I don't want to sharply say "no" when he does that - he's too sensitive.

He's been napping with me for the first time, but I put him on my bed....he doesn't do it voluntarily.
I don't have a sofa to nap on - no room.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2015, 04:23:44 am »
Hello Peter. Sometimes a cat will chase a cheap laser pointer without the owner having to expend too much energy. I used to crumble all of the useless paper on my table once a week and throw it for the cat to chase to give it a bit of exercise. A catnip mouse usually gives a cat some energy, but some cats react rather violently to a catnip mouse, so be careful if you try and take it away. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 02:07:59 am »
New kind of cat - http://www.americanexoticcats.com/highland-lynx-breed-info.html

"Highland lynx."

As you may know, there are a few new breeds of cats that were bred with wild cats...some are spotted.
Expensive!
There are also cats with short legs, like dachshunds....I forget the name.

Peter

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 12:25:40 am »
My meow is even more friendly lately!

Today, he reacted to catnip for the first time  :o....not sure why now, and not before.

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 08:15:27 pm »
I have some toys that are on a stick. One with ribbons and a bell. My female cat Cindal loves to play with that when I hold it and swing it around. She also fetches things like a dog. I throw her a toy mouse or little furry ball and she brings it back to me and we do it over and over again. Cindal only weighs about 7 pounds.

Her brother Wicket, a male, is much less playful.  He is more laid back and weighs about 12 pounds. Even though Cindal is small she is feisty and can take Wicket on. She is very smart.

I certainly love my cats. They are my little friends.

I am glad that he is reacting more to things for you Peter. Maybe since he is older he needs more time. Only a guess on my part.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 03:05:26 am »
hello Peter. Cats are weird, but then I can be too LOL.  We've had a variety of cats over the years and they all had their own personalities and quirks. I've never regretted having one though. Hopeful your cat will contiue to warm up.Take Care. paul m