Author Topic: Shaved my chin spinach.....  (Read 6807 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Shaved my chin spinach.....
« on: May 12, 2015, 02:34:35 am »
Shaved the other day for the first time in 38 years!  Left on goatee and moustache for now (short).
I had a very short beard before, trimmed my neck the last few years.

I look the same now.......LOL....because my beard was so short.  And nice to see underneath most of the beard.
I get a bit of acne now and then.  (Mother Nature:  Haven't you noticed I'm 68 in June?  >:()

The acne is almost always in the goatee/moustache area.

:(  I'm a little worried some of my skin idiosyncracies (sp) will be more prominent now.

I have Fordyce condition/granules on my upper lip on one side.  Fordyce is common, but usually below the waist. You'll have to look it up....sorry.

Dr., shrink, nurse practitioner:  "I don't see anything. when I point it out to them."   >:(  But you can see it in photographs a bit.

Treatment is controversial....."this may work"....."may not" and so on........  I'd have to pay out of pocket.

Peter

See my avatar - see why I wear a straightjacket 24/7?.....LOL  :o

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:36:39 am by Pleeb »

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: Shaved my chin spinach.....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 02:39:55 am »
Re meeting chix.........Maybe I can meet chix at the Older Women Who Wear Glasses, But Still Have Bad Eyesight club....if there is such a thing... :o  Anyone know?

I have a thing for glasses.

....and braces.  Kidding about the braces.  :P

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shaved my chin spinach.....
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:12:54 pm »
Hello Peter. You had a beard? just kidding. I tend not to notice facial differences very much once I've known a person for a while. While I'm sure that having Fordyce condition is very discomfiting to you, I doubt if I or many others will notice and if we do notice, we won't care.   I know that you are a good guy and that is the main thing that I care about.

In regards to eye glasses, it is estimated that 93% of the people over 65 either wear glasses or should wear glasses. Many of those in the over 65 age bracket have faulty eye wear due to cost of replacing glasses and/or vanity( they don't want to change what they are wearing).

So if you see a woman who's wearing glasses, but still looks as if she's squinting, perhaps she's a member of that club that you mentioned.

In regards to braces, I'm not sure what you mean. At our age braces more often refers to knee braces rather than teeth braces LOL . A lot of us don't have enough teeth left to put braces on, although I do know several women who have gotten teeth braces in there 50's. 

Good luck with your condition. Take Care. paul m