Author Topic: So Scared and depressed  (Read 8015 times)

momfellinglost

• View Profile
So Scared and depressed
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:35:57 pm »
   My hubby has been sick since before xmas. Everything they have tried hasn't worked, and he is getting sicker by the day. He has gotten in line for the x-ray, ultra sound, blood work, CT scan. Made to feel like the pain is nothing telling us to come to the hospital if it gets worse then asking why did you come. Even one Doctor tell him that if he had taken a couple of Tylenol he might not have needed to come to the hospital. Tell us that there was nothing they could do until these last test are done and unless there is blood they would do nothing but come back if it gets worse. Why you won't do anything. Made me so mad.
   Sometimes I think the internet is a curse as it allows you to look up things(symptoms) and then see all the things that could be wrong. He goes for the next round of test (colonoscopy and endoscope) on Thursday. We hope this will tell us what is wrong and while I want answers so that we can move on to treatment I am also so scared of what they are going to find.
  I don't have a lot of close friends that I can talk to. The person I talk to is my hubby and I don't want him to worry any more than he already is. The thought of having to call my son who lives more than 3000 miles away to give him bad news is also on my mind. He and his wife are expecting their first and our 4th grandchild. The thought that we may not be able to go and see him is on my mind. So given all this it is no wonder that I am depressed
  I have written and deleted this post so many times in the last few months not sure if I should express my fear. I also know I shouldn't worry about what I don't know yet but there are so very few things other than what I am worried about that it could be and it would be worse for them to tell us that they can't find anything wrong with him. It is so hard seeing his stomach bloating up _(adding 4 inches to his waistline) and the pain that he is in but still going to work everyday not wanting to use up his sick time just in case.
  Hope know one minds me posting this but I had to tell someone how I feel

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
Re: So Scared and depressed
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:41:59 am »
So sorry to hear about your husband hope you find some answers soon! I'll be praying for him and you!
Love is the reason!

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:08:53 pm »
Hello Momfeelinglost. I certainly don't mind you posting that sort of topic here. I can also understand your anxiety and worry. The following might not help, but it is a true story and it may help you to think that your husbands problems at least may have a positive solution.

Our son, who was about 29 when problems starting getting bad in the stomach area. It took him about 3 yrs to convince doctors that it wasn't because of his anxieties that he was having these problems. (he had been admitted several times for problems with bipolar so it's all on his file).

It got so that some of the time he couldn't keep food down and at other times he couldn't keep from going to the bathroom and he was in a lot of pain. Nothing ever came from his blood work either and he never showed any blood in his vomit or stool.They had him stupid diets(nothing but rice and yogurt and other such things).  Finally he got so ill, that he had to be taken to the ER several times to be re hydrated and he lost a lot of weight. Eventually someone agreed to give him a colonoscopy  and it turned out that he had 6 huge polyps that were causing all sorts of problems because of their size. They weren't cancerous(fortunately) and they never caused bleeding, but they had caused some sort of infection (I'm not certain why) that my son had to take medication to clear up.

Fast fwd a yr, he still having problems, but not nearly as severe. He has been waiting for 6 mths now to see a gastroenterologist to see how to get his digestive system back into synch and to see if there are any other problems.  But it's a frustrating wait.

My son was worried for a while that he had some form of cancer and just the not knowing, plus the doctors disbelieving that anything was wrong, did make his symptoms worse. So I can certainly understand your worry.

So hopefully, they will find something wrong with your husband, but nothing serious and something treatable.  Good Luck with your husbands scoping and please feel free to discuss your worries here. Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:17:00 pm »
Hi momfellinglost,

I hope you will find out what is wrong with your husband. You are not wrong to share your worries here. I am glad you did. Hope that whatever it is as Paul said is not serious and treatable.

Thinking of you!

Dragonfly

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 12:22:49 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Well it is done and while they didn't have any answers yet. And that is a good thing it means there isn't anything that can't be fixed or treated at this point we are waiting for the results of the samples that were taken. It doesn't mean I am no longer worried but it does take the real bad things closer to the edge of the table. Hope it works out ok as I need to soon book flights to go to and see our new grandbaby(to be born this summer) and want to get the best prices.

Again thanks your guys are the best.