Author Topic: how is everyone doing  (Read 8833 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
how is everyone doing
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:52:06 am »
Hi everyone,

Just wondering how everyone is doing. It is starting to feel like spring. I want to put my table out on the patio. Hopefully we can do Easter outside with my kids and grandkids. Searching for Easter eggs, etc.

The separation between my son and daughter-in-law is for sure. Now the details have to be worked out. I hurt for my son and grandchildren. I really don't think the marriage would have lasted anyway. They both have such different interests. My daughter-in-law wanted out of the marriage. Everything points to her having an affair. My son will be living with me for awhile. My grandkids will be here when he has them.

I am having some problems with anger that is out of control. Probably triggered by what is going on. It makes me scared of myself. Have informed my caseworker of this. She has told me of different ways to manage this. This helps.

It is such a beautiful day out today. It is cool but the sun is shining. That makes me feel so much better. I hope this will help the rest of you too.

Dragonfly

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
Re: how is everyone doing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:28:32 am »
I'm feeling pretty good right now as I survived another winter! On vacation next week and looking forward to it! Dragonfly we all get angry from time to time as long asu express appropriately you will be fine I find that breathing helps and counting and long walks.
Love is the reason!

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:31:55 am »
LuckyLou,

I am glad that you are feeling well. Have a really good time on your holiday.

Dragonfly  :-*

Lysta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 01:12:34 pm »
Today is not a bad day. I was able to secure a mortgage to take care of some of my debts including $5000 my ex-husband was kind enough to stick me with. So why am I happy?  It means it is done, no more hanging over my head.

I made a menu plan with my daughter last night and today, my son and I are going grocery shopping. Its been a long time since I stocked up so I'm looking forward to a fridge that isn't empty.

And I'm super excited cause sometime in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be buying a new car. It will be so nice to be in a car that is reliable and non-crappy :P

So ya, good news all around :)

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 09:09:25 pm »
That's great news Lysta! There is nothing like a new car! less headaches! Congrats!

Rich and I are in the midst of spending another thousand or so on our van, so I am a little jealous!

Sorry you are going through a hard time Dragonfly ... I hope things settle for you ... hopefully it will just be a matter of getting a new routine.

Hi Lucky! I hope you have a great time on your vacation!

Cheers everyone!

Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 11:49:08 pm »
Hi, Dragonfly.....Sorry you're having a hard time.

I'm depressed off and on....not so much today.  I had briefly thought of dropping out of my comedy course....."I'm too depressed - I have to quit."

We have a class tomorrow, and next Thursday is dress rehearsal.....the show is April 16.

We can use some old jokes if we don't have enuf jokes from the current course to make up 5-7 minutes.

I'd like to use an old favourite:

I was really depressed last summer.
Audience:  How depressed were you?
I was sooo depressed, the
cockroaches in my apt felt sorry for me, and bought me a ticket to Canada's Wonderland!
  :o

This only occurred to me just now - my jokes where the audience has to ask:  "how depressed?" or "how long" or whatever....  I can get them to ask:  "how f'n (or the whole word) depressed?" 

Peter   :P