Author Topic: I had a sad day today  (Read 8128 times)

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
I had a sad day today
« on: March 21, 2015, 09:18:56 pm »
Today I attended the funeral of a cousin who I grew up with who was like a sister to me, over the years we grew apart as she married and started her family but still saw each other at family get togethers, she was only 57 and just 7 months ago was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It was so sad. She had just retired with her husband from being a real estate agent and was looking forward to being a snowbird between toronto and florida in their new house.

She was a beautiful woman and it tears me up that such a horrible disease has taken my beautiful, fun loving cousin away from me. It's just not fair. My dad told me many years ago that that is the hardest lesson that life gives us is that life is not fair!

My heart breaks for her family who is now without a wife, a mother and a woman who will never hold her grandchildren. I am sorry to be such a bummer here, I am sorry if this thread depresses anyone and brings up their own painful losses. I just had to share what was heavy on my heart this day.

- Soozan
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:10:45 pm by Soozan »
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
Re: I had a sad day today
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:38:46 am »
So sorry for your loss big hugs and prayers being sent your way
Love is the reason!

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:08:20 pm »
Soozan,

You are not being a bummer. You are just expressing your feelings and sometimes it helps to share them. I empathize with you.

I know how unfair life can be. I think it is better to talk about these losses instead of keeping them inside. Glad you shared this with us.

Thinking of you.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:12:36 pm »
Hello Dragonfly. Sorry to hear about your loss. Take Care. paul m

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 09:03:00 pm »
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support :) ... It is so hard, I still can't believe she is gone. I guess things just need time to gel.

- Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?