Author Topic: I am freaking out  (Read 8802 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
I am freaking out
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:47:01 pm »
In very very recent posts people talked about angels. I related my experience that my husband was an electrician and there were about five incidents with lights involved after he passed away.

I have a light fixture in the dining room which has three separate lights hanging down from it. I was straightenings things up before bed tonight. I looked up and two of the lights in the fixture were burnt out.

Is my husband trying to tell my family that he is around?  Especially with the very difficult situation of my son's separation with his wife.

This whole incident is scaring me. Should I be scared?

Dragonfly

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
Re: I am freaking out
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 07:28:11 am »
It may seem scary but it could be just a coincidence. If not its his way of trying to comfort u as he did in life!
Love is the reason!

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:39:46 pm »
Since most bulbs are put in at the same time and new type bulbs have a defined life span it would make sense that more than one would go out at the same time

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:11:09 pm »
Hi Dragonfly, I hope our conversations are not scaring you, two bulbs can go at once ... I am sure that your husband would not want to scare you. I hope you find peace.

Remember you are surrounded in love, just tell your husband if this is his way of contacting you, you don't like it and to stop, then if something else happens you know its a co incidence. Angels aren't just spirits of loved ones they are also celestial beings who watch over us. If you are in fear call on them to watch over you and help you through  your fear.

I don't mean to be all airy fairy.... I just want to follow up on the angel reference.

Wishing you peace and a good night's rest!

- Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 01:18:26 am »
Hello Dragonfly. Here is an alternate explanation. I'm not saying that this is what is happening in your house, but it is common.

As bulbs get older they weaken, it doesn't matter what type they are. 5 identical light bulbs may all weaken the same or they may weaken and blow at separate times, depending on how good the quality control was. The most common cause of light bulbs blowing, other than old age, are power fluctuations .

We think that our electricity is smooth flowing. In reality there are shortages and surges that happen hourly in our homes,usually minor and with no lasting or noticeable affects.  We tend to notice the shortages during a storm when our lights dim or blink or a fan slows down as the storm affects the smooth flow of electric power.  There are also power surges. Often a power surge is so minor that we don't notice or only light duty items will be affected, like light bulbs.  If you were looking directly at the light during a minor surge, you may see a extremely brief increased brightness.

A powerful surge can cause light bulbs and flourescent lights to blow. Generally not all of them at once, but sometimes 2-3 at a time and generally the weakest ones.  A powerful enough surge can also ruin your computer or TV. Which is why many people plug their electronics into power bars equipped with surge protectors.  Take Care. paul m 

P. S. During the summer, when it is really hot I have a fan plugged in next to me to cool both me and the computer.  If too many people turn on their air conditioners at the same time, it can cause power fluctuations in the power grid causing my fan to slow and then speed up , also causing a very eerie sound. That sound also means for me to shut off my computer for a while as the fluctuations are very hard on computers.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:29:58 am by paulm »

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 10:14:16 am »
Thanks everyone for your views. They make sense. Actually my power was interrupted very shortly when the ice rain, pellets, etc. came down the night the lights blew.

I am probably reading too much into this since I am having a difficult time right now.

Dragonfly