Author Topic: stormy days  (Read 10722 times)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
stormy days
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:53:14 pm »
Hello Everyone. In another post some one mentioned dancing to the beat of their own drummer. That reminded me of the book that the MDAO published a few years back called Dancing in the Rain.  It wasn't the title that caught my eye , it was the quote on the inside cover.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain". 

In my mind it's certainly true. It seems that there have been more stormy days in my life than sunny days. It took a long time, but my life improved once I learned not to wait for those sunny days to try and enjoy life. 

Here is a link to some google images to go with quote , some are pretty cute. Perhaps some of them will help brighten your day. Take Care. paul m     

https://www.google.ca/search?q=life+isn%27t+about+waiting+for+the+storm+to+pass+it%27s+about+learning+to+dance+in+the+rain+meaning&espv=2&biw=1344&bih=734&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=doTyVNPpDM20yATou4GoCg&ved=0CDwQsAQ

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
Re: stormy days
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:28:41 pm »
Dancing in the Rain I can handle! When is it going to get here? I am tired of this snow! :) I can't complain tho ... this winter is gracious compared to last winter, so I feel blessed, I will take the cold anytime over all that snow and ice!

I am learning about Angels, it may not be everyone's cup of tea and I don't want to start a spiritual/religious controversy over this, but for me, it gives me peace to feel like I am not alone and that I have some celestial help .... it has lifted my depression to feel like I have angels who have my back! Any internal worries I have, I ask my angels to handle it for me and I stop worrying about it ... until the next worry pops up then I do it over again ....

IT may sound "froo froo" to some but hey it works for me :) I am already pegged as a crazy so what's another label? I can take it!  ;D

- Soozan
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:31:25 pm by Soozan »
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:31:58 am »
Paul thanks for sharing that link it's one of my favourite quotes!
Soozan I believe in angels too! I like to remind myself that with the number of people I have lost that I have an army of angels watching out for me! It does provide some solace on my bad days!
Love is the reason!

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 11:45:04 am »
That's great Lucky! Nice to hear I am not alone :) I will never forget in one of my manic hospital stays .. one of the first, I was totally disoriented, wondering how I ever got there, wondering what was happening and crying myself to sleep and all of a sudden I felt what was like a big wing covering me, making me warm all over. It was very comforting.. I will never forget it :)

- Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:47:08 am »
Soozan that sounds great! I have been lucky enough to feel my angels around me several times and I think that's the reason I'm still here!
Love is the reason!

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 02:14:54 am »
Hello Soozan.  In regards to religion.  If religion and/or beliefs help, there is nothing wrong with that. As long as that belief isn't for that sect/religon to take over the world, because that is my job when I get manic LOL. Sorry I couldn't help myself.  :-[

However I was serious about religion and/or beliefs helping.  I know many people who have been helped by religion. Has religion always helped people, no, but then chemotherapy doesn't always save lives either. We all use different tools to get better and what ever works for someone is what counts. Take Care. paul m