Author Topic: CAMH  (Read 14249 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
CAMH
« on: August 04, 2014, 08:23:52 am »
Hello everyone,

I have an appointment coming up at CAMH that a family member is driving me to. I've never been there. Does anyone have any tips? Anything at all, but I think one of my primary concerns is the most inexpensive place to park.

Thanks in advance!

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CAMH
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:17:08 pm »
Hello Peace. It's been so long since I was at CAMH I can't remember where I parked. However there is a website that does tell you about parking costs in general terms http://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/underground/camh/m5t/toronto/     I've never used it, so I don't know.

When I go into the depths of T.O. I usually park my car at a northern subway parking lot and TTC it. I find it easier and cheaper, however not everyone can stand riding on a bus etc.

If you have an accessible parking permit(formerly handicap permit), you can park on a number of side streets for free. For details  http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=03e6a84c9f6e1410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD   

Good Luck with your appt. Take Care. paul m  P.S. to all. The Accessible Parking Permit, is still blue and has a person sitting in a wheel chair like the old Handicapped parking permit. The biggest difference now is that people with severe anxiety issues qualify for the permit. This allows them or their driver to park closer to facilities. You do need a doctors signature on the form, but you do not need a drivers lic to obtain one and they are free. As a bonus many cities offer some areas where people with the permit do not have to pay for parking. You have to be careful, as some cities like T.O. let you park for free at some meters and not at others.   

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:06:25 pm »
Guys, aren't there still two CAMH locations?  Queen Street and College and Spadina.

In that case, which one does Peace mean?

Peter

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 07:11:03 am »
Hello Paul, Thank you for the links, you've always been so helpful.

Hello Peter, I went back to the email I received from CAMH and this is the address I was given: 100 Stokes Street, Bell Gateway Building

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 11:37:14 pm »
Hello Everyone. Actually CAMH 3 locations in Toronto, although the College and Spadina and the Russel St one are practically in the place(if I remember correctly LOL). CAMH is also collaborating with 9 other sites across the province.

However the Stokes site is basically at the Queen St address. For easy viewing just click on the link below. Take Care. paul m

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/1001+Queen+St+W,+Toronto,+ON+M6J+1H4/@43.6435848,-79.4185408,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x882b34fdf1fccb53:0x5fbb9a06a129f2c1?hl=en

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 08:17:17 pm »
They have a small building close to McCaul and College - it's for gambling and quitting smoking cigarettes.

I still go to my quit smoking group once in a blue moon altho' I quit about 7 years ago. Yes, I'm still jonesing for a smoke once in a while - it goes away.

Peter

BTW, I get nicotine once in a while, and I've been doing this for 7 years without restarting smoking.  Sometimes when I'm jonesing for one, I use the inhaler for a few minutes.  I haven't in months, though, and I only do that during the evening, and I would never carry the inhaler with me when going out.

The inhaler plus support group plus "the patch" helped me quit.