Author Topic: Humour  (Read 8422 times)

messee

• View Profile
Humour
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:01:58 pm »
I could really use a good laugh, but I'm pretty disgusted with the state of comedy . . . all dirty jokes or insults.

Anyone got any suggestions for a laugh that won't provoke guilt, shame or self-loathing?

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
Re: Humour
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 09:32:59 pm »
Hi Messee

One venue I enjoy is the stand up for mental health program that started in BC and now is north america wide .. here is a link to some of their videos  http://standupformentalhealth.com/videos/ or you can go to youtube and do a search on stand up for mental health .... they also have a local program in toronto called laughing like crazy where they do local shows twice a year from the graduates of the program ... it can be fun and it helps us to make light of our diagnosis and be able to laugh rather than cry about it ....

There are also many clean comics out there ...  even old i love lucy bits... are funny ... I guess it depends on your humor ...  youtube has a lot of vintage videos of comics who aren't dirty ...

Here is one of the funniest videos I have seen in a long time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acw_LTWnKBU its just plain good clean humour... enjoy!

- Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:09:20 pm »
These have been around for a while but I still enjoy them. Take Care. paul m
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe has been seeing a psychoanalyst for four years for treatment of the fear that he had monsters under his bed. It had been years since he had gotten a good night's sleep. Furthermore, his progress was very poor, and he knew it. So, one day he stops seeing the Doctor.

A few weeks later, Joe's former psychoanalyst meets his old client in the supermarket, and is surprised to find him looking well-rested, energetic, and cheerful. "Doc!" Joe says, "It's amazing! I'm cured!"
"That's great news!" the psychoanalyst says. "you seem to be doing much better. How?"
"I was talking to my barber," Joe says enthusiastically, "and he cured me!"
" A Barber" the psychoanalyst asks incredulously.  "How did he cure you?"
"Oh, easy," says Joe. "He told me to cut the legs off of my bed."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An engineer and a psychiatrist meet up for their 20th college reunion.

The engineer says, "I'm surprised to see you still looking so young. I'd have thought listening to people's problems all day would have given you a mass of wrinkles."

The psychiatrist says, "You think we listen?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one might not be funny, but it may be true....
Professional Opinion is Always Best

A psychiatrist met an old patient and exclaimed, "I heard you died. "

"But you see I'm alive ," smiled the ex-patient.

"Impossible," said the psychiatrist. "I was told you'd died by a colleague who's had 22 peer-reviewed papers published, so his opinion's bound to be much more reliable than yours."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one might not be funny, but it is true. LOL.

Student Talking to the Wise Man

"Sir, What is the secret of your success?"
"Two words"
"And, Sir, what are they?"
"Right decisions."
"And how do you make right decisions?"
"One word."
"And, What is that?"
"Experience."
"And how do you get Experience?"
"Two words"
"And, Sir, what are they?"
"Wrong decisions."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few of my own

Anyone who sez that marriage is a 50-50 proposition, just doesn't understand fractions

I have come to realize that my wife is not bossy, she just knows exactly what I shoulf be doing at any given moment.

Does anyone have a repair manual for a 17 yr old teenager, mines developed a terrible whine.

Words were flying between my wife and I the other night. The cat jumped up on the table and knocked over the scrabble board.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 01:55:42 am »
Hi.....I recommend Mitch Hedberg (RIP).  Offbeat like stonefaced Stephen Wright, but much more personality.

I'm in Laughing like Craz(ier)....We have the odd off colour joke, but not too many.

Old jokes -
-Paul M. is really nosy.....he knows the name of The Unknown Soldier
-I'm really paranoid; when I'm watching a football game, and the guys are in the huddle, I think they're talking about me!

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »
Thanks guys.  You made me laugh.

Paul the joke about the monsters under the bed and being cured by cutting off the legs of the bed reminded me of something. When my kids were young my eldest daughter hid under my son's bed. When he went to bed she put her hand up. It scared the heck out of him. We still talk about it to this day.

Dragonfly