Author Topic: Help for Apathy?  (Read 7022 times)

messee

• View Profile
Help for Apathy?
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:59:25 pm »
At this point, I'm finding it really difficult to care about much of anything, or get motivated at all.

I'm managing to make sure my son eats reasonably, washes etc.  Getting myself cleaned up and out to appointments.  And that's about where my energy and willingness gets completely spent.

Taking my meds, though I cut back my ADD medication because it was making me too anxious -- but didn't really have any more gusto when I was taking those.  Taking vitamins.

I feel alternately apathetic and powerless . . . like even if I knew what I cared about at this point in my life, I wouldn't feel like it was worth it.

Working on ACT therapy which is based on values-oriented action . . . but in the absence of identifiable values, feeling a bit stuck.

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
Re: Help for Apathy?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:29:50 am »
Hi I feel u totally! In the same boat! I have no motivation lately either it's all part of this disease I try to just focus on one day at a time as cliche as that sounds I also like to break things down to smaller steps and I find this helps fool me into thinking i have accomplished something and this in turnmotivates me to do more . I also challenge my thoughts constantly. I also tell myself that there is. Always tomorrow I am full of cliches today!
Love is the reason!