Author Topic: Goal Driven Chaos  (Read 12218 times)

DeterminedJay

• View Profile
Goal Driven Chaos
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:29:12 am »
So I have quit the last two jobs I started after the first day, to pursue my dreams of creating a device that would enable us to capture thoughts and use those said thoughts as commands for a terminal type computer system. All within a pair of glasses.

BUT at the same time, I am making NO money because it is all research and development, and I am far too driven by this dream to settle down elsewhere. I understand that this is most likely a manic episode driven by a touch of caffeine here and there, as well as a powerful desire to see my product come to life. I see how much this product will help our species, for I have developed it past the point of just another wearable tech product to something that is much more powerful in the growth and development of the human brain.

Now I come to this forum in the hopes that someone could shed some light on what to do for money, as I understand a conventional job would be ideal but every time I start working somewhere I get this gut feeling that I should not be wasting time on something so trivial when my product needs to be brought into this world and it becomes an overwhelming burning desire.

This is not a fleeting thing either, because I have been researching this project for multiple months now, gone through many designs and scrapped almost all of them due to advances in my research and understanding of how to connect to the human brain.

I come to you all in need of other organisms perspectives.

Best Regards.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Goal Driven Chaos
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 09:51:04 pm »
Hello DeterminedDay. I'm sorry, but I don't know of any funding places, but I wish you luck with your project. Take Care. paul m

messee

• View Profile
Re: Goal Driven Chaos
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:53:09 pm »
Jay,

I love your idea, and I hope it happens.  I hope that the design you have is it! 

However from the point we  are at, there will be years and maybe decades of work involved.   I say that having recently looked at research from McGill University where they are only now able to observe individual neurons in animal brains in real time as they activate. 

For you to establish yourself enough for your idea and design to move ahead in this field, I think you will need a regular job for at least the short or medium term, to support yourself while you find funding for your project.

Also would suggest that whatever family, friends, other supporters you have that you can connect with at the moment, that reaching out to them for their ideas as to how best to set your course over the next while would probably be helpful.

Very best