Author Topic: telling people re my/brothers' mood disorders....  (Read 7841 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
telling people re my/brothers' mood disorders....
« on: January 07, 2015, 01:38:49 am »
Emailed my cousin in Germany, as I usually do at Christmas, with a brief "how are you," and nothing else.

This time I explained my and brothers' mood disorders, my support groups, my standup comedy through MDAO, and sent a couple of jokes I translated.

I speak German, but it's rusty since I'm a 67 year old orphan....LOL....  Had to look up a lotta words, like
"support group" - never learned that at home.  I also had to look up "cockroach."

I told her one of my Laffing like Crazy jokes - I was really depressed last summer.  Audience:  "How depressed?"  I was sooo depressed, the cockroaches in my apt felt sorry for me, and bought me a ticket to Canada's Wonderland.   ::)

Also told a guy in the building re above.

I live in a seniors' building - lotsa people spend months (it seems) in their apartments.  Some of us were discussing this, but I didn't suggest that maybe a lot of those people are depressed.....next time I will.

Peter

DeterminedJay

• View Profile
Re: telling people re my/brothers' mood disorders....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:56:27 am »
Guten Morgen Pleeb,

Ich spreche kleine deutsch!

Perhaps we could brush up on it together! Potentially give this forum a reason to create multilingual sections for all aspects of our beautiful province!