Author Topic: Set Back and Thank You  (Read 14296 times)

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
Set Back and Thank You
« on: August 08, 2014, 07:36:37 am »
Hello everyone,

A lot has gone wrong for me recently and there's a situation I'm dealing with that I don't want to make public. The last time this situation happened, my pdoc gave me his cell phone number for support and my sister wanted me in hospital. This time, my pdoc had me put a support system in place and the beautiful women from my church are going above and beyond to help me.

Yesterday the social worker from CMHA (who is aware of my need for additional support right now) that has been coming to my home every 2 to 3 weeks told me I was being discharged. I started to hyperventilate and cry and I had to leave the room. My worker asked me to return to the room to try to talk and I tried. I'm not an outspoken person, but I said to her as a mental health organization their timing was very poorly thought out. At a time when I needed the most support I was being told my support was being withdrawn. I couldn't stop hyperventilating and crying and I told my social worker I couldn't deal with this right now and I asked her to leave my home.

I needed to vent a little, but I also wanted to say thank you to everyone here for being here for me over the years. Even just one response to a post can help make a huge difference.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Set Back and Thank You
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 11:49:50 pm »
Hello Peace. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience with the mental health system and I don't blame you for being upset.

As long as I've been hanging around the mental health system it has always been beyond me to comprehend who gets help and who doesn't.

I hope that your worker will reconsider. Unfortunately each CMHA is run a little differently  so I can't advise you on the exact process to ask them to reconsider. However you may want to call the workers supervisor (or have someone call them for you) and advise the supervisor why you feel that you still need support.

In some places it's the supervisor that determines who gets cut and who doesn't . Take Care. paul m

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 12:52:54 am »
I am sorry about what has happened to you. I hope you will ask for them to change this and to continue your help. maybe your pdoc could also help you to get them to change it. I am not well versed on this subject. i hope you will keep posting.

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:33:53 am »
Hello Paul and Mom, I emailed my social worker and asked her the reason why I was being discharged (I was too upset to comprehend what she was saying) and the email address and phone number for the person who could be contacted about the decision. I then left a message on her cell phone telling her I needed the information before 3:00 on Monday because I would leaving then to see my pdoc. I'm going to ask my pdoc to contact them on my behalf and I'm considering send them an email myself. I'm not sure yet how I should word the email and I'm still really upset about this. I did not need this added stress right now.

LuckyLou

• Love is the answer, now what was the question?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 01:16:57 pm »
Sorry this is happening to you right now. But know you have all of us to support you to! Big Hugs!
Love is the reason!

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 11:30:48 am »
Thanks Lou! I can always count on you for support and a hug.  :)  Are you using Freddie Mercury for your profile picture?

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »
I am sorry Peace to hear what you are going through. I am thinking of you!

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 07:28:29 am »
 Thank you Dragonfly! Hope you are doing well.

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 07:41:52 am »
I found out the Manager in charge of the launch program is going on vacation tomorrow so I sent her a heart felt email yesterday explaining to her the situation I'm in and the efforts I've made to find treatment for my OCD. She replied saying she will call me today at 11:00 to discuss the situation. Yesterday my pdoc said he would write them a letter. Thanks again everyone for listening and for your kind support.